News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's Sue China for their Corona Virus

Started by ACUDANUT, March 13, 2020, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

March 18 of 2019 Smithsonian's channel covered all of this potential if any had bothered to watch. The show covered the 1918 influenza in depth along with other viral attacks. It's in reruns now along with many other shows made long before this warning that this WAS GOING TO, AND WILL KEEP HAPPENING!
  Now about that asteroid heading our way......   

mel t

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 07, 2020, 04:24:45 PM
Some people will agree with this clip:

So, the Chinese kill off their best customers. Makes perfect sense.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

XH29N0G

Just saw a story that the projection by UW that I posted earlier dropped the projected deaths from about 80,000 to about 60,000.  It is interesting also because they are plotting the data as it comes in on top of the projection.  It takes into account social distancing.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america 

It also breaks down by state and resources. 

I know it is a lot lower than what the government is saying, but this is one that I think has been clear about its methods and is still really high.  This one had a much lower number from the start and I am guessing is probably the most accurate in the near term.  So using it to declare victory because a large number was posted afterwards doesn't make a whole lot of sense because those numbers looked inflated to me. 

A follow on bubble is predicted. 

I guess we will see how this plays out. 

Or maybe it protects us. 

ACUDANUT

Facts about China.  They declared war on us in Korea and killed 30-50 thousands of US G.I's . (what did we do ? ..nothing), after we saved them the from the Japs in WWII.
China is not our friends. Wake up America.

XH29N0G

About 70 years ago and nowhere near as cut and dried as that.  Connection to COVID-19? 

Or maybe it protects us. 

mel t

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 08, 2020, 06:42:34 AM
I think mel's got an agenda.   :think:
No, just a smart ass.
Or maybe that is my agenda.
Out of respect for my elders, I removed the boomer comment.

Mytur Binsdirti

Sounds like they are "experts" are downgrading the projected US death toll to about 61,000 (as per the latest Presidential press conference today).

And for those here who bought into the hype and hysterics of up to 2 million US deaths, this is for you....

:yesnod:

Mike DC

QuoteSounds like they are "experts" are downgrading the projected US death toll to about 61,000 (as per the latest Presidential press conference today).

And for those here who bought into the hype and hysterics of up to 2 million US deaths, this is for you....

That sword cuts both ways.  

What was your idea of a reasonable estimate in early/mid March?  At the time there were barely a few dozen US deaths and this whole thing was being called a media hoax.  

I'll bet your guess at the time was a good two decimal places lower than 61,000.  If we take that same size of error in the other direction then it makes 6.1 million.    

XH29N0G

I will also point out that the official govt number was inflated over this one  when they said 240000 or more.   :scratchchin: At the time, I wondered whether they were inflating so they could then turn around and say they did a good job.  :scratchchin: The number is a big number and shows the seriousness of the situation with the social distancing and closing down we have done.  It is the states that did it.  Have fun with your favorite guy. a word like moron comes to mind.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 08, 2020, 06:42:40 PM
QuoteSounds like they are "experts" are downgrading the projected US death toll to about 61,000 (as per the latest Presidential press conference today).

What was your idea of a reasonable estimate in early/mid March?  At the time there were barely a few dozen US deaths and this whole thing was being called a media hoax.  

I'll bet your guess at the time was a good two decimal places lower than 61,000.  If we take that same size of error in the other direction then it makes 6.1 million.    

I never made any wild estimates one way or the other. I was consistently saying that the numbers were overblown and that the "experts" were guessing. Now, if there's anything you should have learned about me being here is that consistently, I'm 99.999% always right.

Just remember, when Mytur Binsdirti speaks, people should listen.

Mike DC

QuoteI was consistently saying that the numbers were overblown and that the "experts" were guessing.

BTW, who actually declared that 2 million Americans would die?  I don't recall any informed experts saying that.

Yeah, I know some people said it last month.  Some people also believe in unicorns.

The main thrust of the outcry a month ago, was that tons of people could die from Covid if we continued to do nothing to fight the virus.  We didn't continue to do nothing.  In fact we started to do a lot.  Logically the numbers should be looking lower now.    

mel t

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 08, 2020, 07:27:18 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 08, 2020, 06:42:40 PM

I never made any wild estimates one way or the other. I was consistently saying that the numbers were overblown and that the "experts" were guessing. Now, if there's anything you should have learned about me being here is that consistently, I'm 99.999% always right.

Just remember, when Mytur Binsdirti speaks, people should listen.

:2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 08, 2020, 04:14:17 PM
Facts about China.  They declared war on us in Korea and killed 30-50 thousands of US G.I's . (what did we do ? ..nothing), after we saved them the from the Japs in WWII.

China killed 30K-50K GI's in the 1950's during the Korean war.. What did we do nothing.......Read your history Folks. China is out to dominate the world and do you think they lose sleep at night about Americans dying.  NOPE

stripedelete

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 08, 2020, 10:47:10 PM

China killed 30K-50K GI's in the 1950's during the Korean war.. What did we do nothing.......Read your history Folks. China is out to dominate the world and do you think they lose sleep at night about Americans dying.  NOPE

We did nothing? Maybe you need to read the history books.   Read "The Coldest Winter".  Petty sure we're more than even when it comes to that war.  Spoiler alert:  no pictures.

Mike DC

The US bombed north Korea itself until we ran out of targets.  We finally stopped because there were literally no other intact buildings & structures left in the country to hit.  

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 08, 2020, 08:31:17 PM

QuoteI was consistently saying that the numbers were overblown and that the "experts" were guessing.

BTW, who actually declared that 2 million Americans would die?  I don't recall any informed experts saying that.

Yeah, I know some people said it last month.  Some people also believe in unicorns.

The main thrust of the outcry a month ago, was that tons of people could die from Covid if we continued to do nothing to fight the virus.  We didn't continue to do nothing.  In fact we started to do a lot.  Logically the numbers should be looking lower now.    

Who said that? Why the CDC did.......

https://c-vine.com/blog/2020/04/08/cdc-death-projection-down-by-97/

But then again, you and a few others here don't believe anything you read unless it's all the fault of the orange man, so I don't expect you to believe that the link above is credible.

Now, for another perspective, here's the top 12 leading causes of death in the US which never raise any hysteria....

https://www.healthline.com/health/leading-causes-of-death

....but we shut down the entire US economy and put 13 million people out of work for the Kung Flu?!?!?!?

Mike DC

QuoteWho said that? Why the CDC did.......

They never said 2.2 million would die.  They warned it was potentially possible if serious action wasn't taken.  

I've been making that distinction, repeatedly, in all the virus discussions. It's not a minor detail.  

QuoteBut then again, you and a few others here don't believe anything you read unless it's all the fault of the orange man, so I don't expect you to believe that the link above is credible.

"FOOD FIGHT!!!"

QuoteNow, for another perspective, here's the top 12 leading causes of death in the US which never raise any hysteria...

....but we shut down the entire US economy and put 13 million people out of work for the Kung Flu?!?!?!?

We also dumped literally trillions of dollars into the middle east over a terrorist attack that only killed 3000 people.  That must make you REALLY frustrated if we're just going by costs-to-deaths.  

BTW, something like 50,000 Americans a year die from lack of basic healthcare.  That total number during the last few decades is north of 10 million.  What are those lives worth?   There's more to these decisions & policies than the raw death totals.  

Outfits like the CDC were working with very limited information in March.  Notice that I'm frustrated about how little testing was being done in the early weeks/months of the outbreak.  Maybe you look at those complaints and only see Trump bashing - but there's REASON behind it.  Going into an outbreak with inadequate information has CONSEQUENCES.  Like, say, stopping the economy based on wrong estimations.  

You're saying "These clowns misinterpreted the data!"  I'm saying "They didn't have decent data.  Blame the people who failed to gather it."  

Orange man talk = locked thread.  I have honestly been trying to avoid bringing him up.    

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 09, 2020, 05:13:18 AM
QuoteWho said that? Why the CDC did.......

They never said 2.2 million would die.  They warned it was potentially possible if serious action wasn't taken.  

I've been making that distinction, repeatedly, in all the virus discussions. It's not a minor detail.  

QuoteBut then again, you and a few others here don't believe anything you read unless it's all the fault of the orange man, so I don't expect you to believe that the link above is credible.

"FOOD FIGHT!!!"

QuoteNow, for another perspective, here's the top 12 leading causes of death in the US which never raise any hysteria...

We also dumped literally trillions of dollars into the middle east over a terrorist attack that only killed 3000 people.  That must make you REALLY frustrated if we're just going by costs-to-deaths.  

BTW, something like 50,000 Americans a year die from lack of basic healthcare.  That total number during the last few decades is north of 10 million.  What are those lives worth?   There's more to these decisions & policies than the raw death totals.  

Outfits like the CDC were working with very limited information in March.  Notice that I'm frustrated about how little testing was being done in the early weeks/months of the outbreak.  Maybe you look at those complaints and only see Trump bashing - but there's REASON behind it.  Going into an outbreak with inadequate information has CONSEQUENCES.  Like, say, stopping the economy based on wrong estimations.  

You're saying "These clowns misinterpreted the data!"  I'm saying "They didn't have decent data.  Blame the people who failed to gather it."  

Orange man talk = locked thread.  I have honestly been trying to avoid bringing him up.    

Much like there is fake news, much of the science on the Kung Flu is proving to be fake science. Unfortunately, it is hard not to bring up the orange man because so much of the mainstream "news" is slanted in a way to tie him into the Kung Flu as another attempt to make him look as bad as possible. If you think I'm wrong, you may ask yourself why the mainstream news has NEVER come out with a news story that is slanted the other way to make him look good?

Kern Dog

When a person with no integrity is chosen to be the teacher's pet, they never let anyone know that they are working with a built in advantage.
Thus is the case with the Left and their complicit media.
To admit that they have the biased media in their corner is to admit that they have an unfair advantage.

moparfan

My grandfather said it 30 years age you cannot compete with slave labor the Chinese will control the U.S.A!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: stripedelete on April 08, 2020, 11:03:27 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 08, 2020, 10:47:10 PM

We did nothing? Maybe you need to read the history books.   Read "The Coldest Winter".  Petty sure we're more than even when it comes to that war.  Spoiler alert:  no pictures.

KEEP READING, WE NEVER BOMBED CHINA OR DECLARED WAR AGAINST THEM.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 09, 2020, 07:52:21 AM

Thus is the case with the Left and their complicit media.

ob·ses·sion

/əbˈseSHən/

noun

noun: obsession

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 09, 2020, 10:49:03 AM

KEEP READING, WE NEVER BOMBED CHINA

But we bombed Chinese, tens of thousands were killed.