News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car cover recommendation

Started by Wakko, March 16, 2020, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Gents, while my car will mostly be in the garage, I plan on putting some moving blankets on the top of it and then covering it with a car cover.  There may be incidents where the car needs to be outside, though hopefully not very often.  The body and paint aren't so good, so I'm not worried about it too much, but I figure if I'm going to buy a cover, I may as well get a good one that will hold up for a number of years.   What do you guys recommend?  What size?  Thanks.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

myk

California car cover is the only cover you will ever need to buy.  Their covers are custom made to fit just about any vehicle and they even have covers that will keep your car dry in the wettest conditions.

Another thing I like about them is their warranty practice; typically their weatherproof covers are good for 5 years,  and if it fails in that period due to normal wear and tear they will replace it free of charge.

Their covers DO cost more than most, the ones I use for my car run about $4-500 each, but they are completely worth it and are the only covers fit for our cars,  in my opinion...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

birdsandbees

Leave it uncovered and enjoy it.  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

myk

It's going to have to sit unused at some point.  Might as well give it the best protection it can have...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

6pkrtse

I have California Car Cover and Budge brand names for my 5 classics. I usually only cover mine when I am welding, grinding and painting other parts in the garage, unless I back them out for the day.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Wakko

I ended up getting the Motor Trend M5-CC-5 Pro Series XXL 7 layer ($80).  It is silver with reflective corners.  I got the XXL to make room for the pushbar that's not currently installed on the car, and it's a good fit, even without it.  XL would probably be perfect.  Unfortunately the car is only slightly shorter than the garage, so with the push bar I won't be able to shimmy past it...so it'll stay off for now.  I put the car on Harbor Freight grey dollies and I'm impressed; I can push the car around easily. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM