News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost & Found XS29L9B240xxx block.

Started by cdp1, March 16, 2020, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdp1

Hello,

I couldn't find a lost/found or reuniting engine/transmission back together with cars, thread.

I recently purchased a bunch of 440's, and in the pile is a 1969 440HP, VIN: XS29L9B240436.  St. bore block, crank, 906 heads, ex. manifolds, air cleaner, AVS Carb. 

Trying to see if Charger is still out thee somewhere.

Thanks
Chris
chrispy1971gtx@yahoo.com

Ghoste

It isn't in the 69 Charger Registry but I do have the VIN entered now with a note about the engine being out there so who knows...

Norcalmopar

Hey guys, car is in my possession and thanks to chris the motor made it all the way to Cali to be reunited after 50+ years. Today it will be delivered and will be rebuilt to go back in.

moparstuart

wow great Story  , congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :cheers:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

RTSE440

Isn't crazy how things like this get pulled apart it makes you wonder why they got separated when it was still a good engine.What engine is in the car now norcalmopar 

RallyeMike

Back in the day it was cheaper and faster to pull a better engine from a wrecked car and swap it in rather than rebuild your tired original one. The value of VIN # matching engines and transmissions did not come to most people until later.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Norcalmopar

I talked to the original owners son and he said the car got a warranty motor implanted. No stamping on it. That's the motor that is in the car right now. Also a 440. The funny story is that I googled the vin number to see if it's in the registry and find some info on it, that's how I stumbled across chris's post about the block. I guess it was suppose to happen.