News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A nice 1969 RT for sale

Started by mike69440, March 18, 2020, 01:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

NICE.  Dont see why they wouldn't just post more pictures though.  But good luck unloading it at that price during these times...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mytur Binsdirti

Too bad he ruined the hood and whatever the hood pins are attached to.

6bblgt

probably the OP's car  :shruggy:  but the amount of detail matches   :icon_smile_big:

I often wonder why a random 1 of thousands currently for sale gets "special" enough for someone to post - "look, a Charger for sale"

myk

There are thousands of Chargers for sale right now?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

I think there were more photos of that car on one of the other for sale sights.

Challenger340

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 18, 2020, 09:38:00 PM
probably the OP's car  :shruggy:  but the amount of detail matches   :icon_smile_big:

I often wonder why a random 1 of thousands currently for sale gets "special" enough for someone to post - "look, a Charger for sale"

BUMP !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

RT/SE

It's not the OP's car for sale.  I'm the one who sent him the link since it was not far from him.  He had previously sent me a link of a black 69 R/T Charger for sale and mentioned too bad it was an automatic.  Some years back, I bought and still own the the factory black 4 speed RT/SE the OP used to own.   Other than what's in the posting, I don't think either of us know much about the car for sale. 

6pkrtse

It won't let me view the link for said Charger in question.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

RT/SE

Here's the links to both:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/03/restored-1969-dodge-charger-r-t-440-looks-better-than-new/

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/98785

Certainly, any potential buyer should thoroughly inspect or have someone inspect any Charger they may be interested in buying.   

Challenger340

Quote from: RT/SE on March 20, 2020, 08:13:51 AM
It's not the OP's car for sale.  I'm the one who sent him the link since it was not far from him.  He had previously sent me a link of a black 69 R/T Charger for sale and mentioned too bad it was an automatic.  Some years back, I bought and still own the the factory black 4 speed RT/SE the OP used to own.   Other than what's in the posting, I don't think either of us know much about the car for sale. 

Love to see some Pics of your factory Black 4 speed RT/SE ? That's one very rare charger !

6bblgt

Quote from: myk on March 19, 2020, 02:35:16 AM

YES - here's one website with 1,104 "1966-1970 Charger For Sale" listings  :yesnod: I bet there are many more

https://buysellsearch.com/search/vehicles/cars?year=1966-1970&filters%5Bmake%5D%5B%5D=dodge&filters%5Bmodel%5D%5B%5D=charger&sortby=relevance

70 sublime

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 20, 2020, 04:26:44 PM
Quote from: myk on March 19, 2020, 02:35:16 AM

YES - here's one website with 1,104 "1966-1970 Charger For Sale" listings  :yesnod: I bet there are many more

https://buysellsearch.com/search/vehicles/cars?year=1966-1970&filters%5Bmake%5D%5B%5D=dodge&filters%5Bmodel%5D%5B%5D=charger&sortby=relevance

Did you try to look at any of these ads ?
I just did
A lot of them are not there any more
A bunch of them say they are listed for 2 or 3 years so that big list is not very accurate

Even when you do find one to look at the price on the secondary page is never the same as the main page either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RT/SE

Hey Challenger340.  -  Here's the link below for a prior thread on this forum on the Charger I bought years back from the OP.  It's actually a factory triple black 4 speed Dana 60 RT/SE.  I'm not a big fan of vinyl tops so I didn't put it during bodywork/paint.  I figured I could always put it back on in future if I wanted to do so.   Been working on car over years as time has permitted.  Anyway, here's link:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60154.0.html

RT/SE

Challenger340

Quote from: RT/SE on March 20, 2020, 07:36:01 PM
Hey Challenger340.  -  Here's the link below for a prior thread on this forum on the Charger I bought years back from the OP.  It's actually a factory triple black 4 speed Dana 60 RT/SE.  I'm not a big fan of vinyl tops so I didn't put it during bodywork/paint.  I figured I could always put it back on in future if I wanted to do so.   Been working on car over years as time has permitted.  Anyway, here's link:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60154.0.html

Thanks for sharing, just a very beautiful and rare Charger.... IMO... about as close to the "Holy Grail" as it gets !  :drool5:

mike69440

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,121983.msg1557161/topicseen.html#msg1557161

I have to look at the upside of selling the SE/RT to SE/RT. The sale of the Charger and related parts paid for over 75% the price of a new 03 Mustang Cobra. I now have 102,000 miles on my 03 Cobra. It is up on blockS waiting for spring. Way back in 2005, when I went with the Whipple Supercharge and supporting mods, it was faster than anything that did not sell for 6 figures. Today, it is just as quick, but times have changed and there are a lot of factory iron faster.  
For a Found On Roadside Dead, Fixed Or Repaired Daily the 03 has been really reliable, I never have had the valve covers off.  Still has the same clutch.

I'm now and old geezer and drive a Buick TourX (nice) and a Subaru Forester (6 speed MT Slow-baru) during the winter.

myk

I love SN95 Mustangs more than most do, but I would never trade a 2nd Gen Charger for an SN95; just my opinion.   Nice Cobra though...

VegasCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 18, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
Too bad he ruined the hood and whatever the hood pins are attached to.

Agreed!!!

I don't get the fascination of hood pins on a stock hood. A fiberglass one, yes on all four corners with the hood not having hinges thus the need for pins.

Just use the factory equipped hood latch mechanism and DON'T drill holes in a good factory metal hood.

Can you imagine busting out a drill, loading it up with a drill bit and drilling a hole in your hood?? NO THANKS

:cheers:

Challenger340

Quote from: mike69440 on March 23, 2020, 08:31:22 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,121983.msg1557161/topicseen.html#msg1557161

I have to look at the upside of selling the SE/RT to SE/RT. The sale of the Charger and related parts paid for over 75% the price of a new 03 Mustang Cobra. I now have 102,000 miles on my 03 Cobra. It is up on blockS waiting for spring. Way back in 2005, when I went with the Whipple Supercharge and supporting mods, it was faster than anything that did not sell for 6 figures. Today, it is just as quick, but times have changed and there are a lot of factory iron faster.  
For a Found On Roadside Dead, Fixed Or Repaired Daily the 03 has been really reliable, I never have had the valve covers off.  Still has the same clutch.

I'm now and old geezer and drive a Buick TourX (nice) and a Subaru Forester (6 speed MT Slow-baru) during the winter.

The 'upside' as you call it 17 years ago.... was that Selling the Charger R/T SE and related parts back then, paid for 75% of the Brand New 2003 Mustang Cobra ?
Which, if I had to guess amounted to what, say $25,000 back then ?

Sounds like you've had a ton of fun with the Mustang over the years, and as we all know 'fun' costs money !

mike69440

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 23, 2020, 11:49:54 PM
Quote from: mike69440 on March 23, 2020, 08:31:22 PM

The 'upside' as you call it 17 years ago.... was that Selling the Charger R/T SE and related parts back then, paid for 75% of the Brand New 2003 Mustang Cobra ?
Which, if I had to guess amounted to what, say $25,000 back then ?

Sounds like you've had a ton of fun with the Mustang over the years, and as we all know 'fun' costs money !

Believe me It Hurt Bad to sell Black Shadow.

It was high maintenance,  I can nurse 24 MPG out of the Cobra.  Best with a stockish engine in the Charger was a solid 14 mpg, but rodded up it got 7-9 mpg,
Best HP out of the Mopar was 508 on an engine dyno, Cobra is near 600 at the rear tires.
Cobra has great AC, Charger you open windows. Charger was hot running even with Oil cooler and 3 row radiator.
With a Tremec T56, 2000 rpm gives 69 mph in Ford while that was 3,000 RPM in the A833 Charger.
Cobra brakes are ok, Charger had Bendix 2 Piston discs up fron' but rear drums needed constant fiddling with the proportioning valve
Charger handled really well for a muscle car, It had reworked steering box & aftermarket suspension, HD torsion and sway bars, shocks, etc. but 03 Cobra with the right tire can pull at least .95G
Cobra still worth about $20K, while a clean Mustang GT might be $2K.  Charger & part etc. netted $28k,
I'm not afraid of putting miles on the Cobra.
I got married again, built a farm, cared for my parents till the end, etc. while not spending my life working 99% of my free time on cars. Now down to maybe 15%.

DAMN, I MISS THAT CHARGER.

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself the last day of Carlisle Mopar Nationals back in 2002 selling off the last of my Charger parts out the back of my F150, Chargerless, divorced, Wa-wa-Wah

When Black Shadow is finished, it will be the car Chrysler hoped it could have built, if it had early 2000's Japanese quality and the best available technology of the time.
That is enough for me.