News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coincidence that China's only Level 4 Germ Lab is in WUHAN Province ?

Started by Challenger340, March 22, 2020, 12:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

myk

Wouldn't doubt it.  I will also go on an X Files guess and say some of this was done on purpose...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Challenger340

Quote from: myk on March 22, 2020, 12:38:59 PM
Wouldn't doubt it.  I will also go on an X Files guess and say some of this was done on purpose...

LOL !
Makes a guy wonder don't it ?

Canadian1968

I to have a hard time beliving that all this is just "natural". You have the ENTIRE world focused on this , if people wanted a distraction no better time than now. There is a part of me that always questions why things like this happen. Even more so in todays age.

What I am really interested in, what happens when this all calms down? Do you think eveything will go back to the way it was ?  Economically , world relations , politically ect...

Challenger340

Quote from: Canadian1968 on March 22, 2020, 05:55:15 PM

What I am really interested in, what happens when this all calms down? Do you think eveything will go back to the way it was ?  Economically , world relations , politically ect...

Economically, World Relations, Politically, etc., ?

I can't see anything going back the same anytime soon, very simply because of the economic/financial system damage moreso to the Western Democracies which will change World Relations ?

When you have Banks like Goldman Sacs, JP Morgan etc.,etc.,  all now forecasting between 14% to 24% GDP reductions in the USA with 15% to 20% Un-employment rates ? Hundreds of thousands of Job losses ?
Those are fairly catastrophic repercussions for life as we know it ?

Closer to home in Canada and especially Alberta ?
I've heard numbers approaching 400,000 across Canada with 60,000 to 80,000 concentrated Oil Patch Job Losses on an Alberta Province that was already headed in the wrong direction economically having just "doubled-down" it's fortunes on Oil Revenues by a new Gov't after it had been making great strides at diversification(all cancelled).
Moody's Rating Agency had downgraded Alberta Debt TWICE already under the new Conservative Gov't... both times specifically citing the new Conservatives Economic Policies as "risky" by increasing Alberta's reliance on Oil Revenues ?
Now...
The Oil Price War ?
and COVID-19 ?
It's going to be armageddon in Alberta, much of it self-inflicted by their new village idge-yot Gov't.

Mike DC

QuoteI to have a hard time beliving that all this is just "natural". You have the ENTIRE world focused on this , if people wanted a distraction no better time than now. There is a part of me that always questions why things like this happen. Even more so in todays age.

What I am really interested in, what happens when this all calms down? Do you think eveything will go back to the way it was ?  Economically , world relations , politically ect...

This thing is only unusual for people alive today.  On a timespan of centuries it looks quite normal.  

Lately humans have been on a major winning streak against this stuff.  Antibiotics, antivirals, vaccines, herd immunity, better understanding of transmission & treatment, etc.  

b5blue

We have known something was gonna happen, it was never "if" always "when". Just like the next big meteor strike, it's coming. Ma nature don't need a lab!  :lol:

stripedelete

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 23, 2020, 03:39:34 AM
QuoteI to have a hard time beliving that all this is just "natural". You have the ENTIRE world focused on this , if people wanted a distraction no better time than now. There is a part of me that always questions why things like this happen. Even more so in todays age.

This thing is only unusual for people alive today.  On a timespan of centuries it looks quite normal.  

Lately humans have been on a major winning streak against this stuff.  Antibiotics, antivirals, vaccines, herd immunity, better understanding of transmission & treatment, etc.  

Exactly.  It's simply the law of large numbers.  (including the meteor strike).

XH29N0G

I have a few disconnected thoughts - while sitting in isolation.

The discussion here brings back not too long ago memories of sitting through lectures on what it takes for pandemics to happen and what makes a virus ideal for spreading.  I also sat through talks on BSL-4 containment but of of extra terrestrial materials - planetary protection issues.  None of that knowledge ever made me feel 100% better afterward and I am thankful I don't work with them.  There is a level of trust and hoping the system keeps working but a lot of really competent and smart people working to keep things safe.  Second thought is that China has a lot going for it in terms of technology and money.  I remember conversations at the dinner table (in the way old times) when I was a young adult (in the 1980's) about when (not if) China would outgrow the US...had relatives who were high level experts on China - not govt or spies, at least as far as I knew - but the kind interviewed on the news or tapped by the administration. The dates thrown around in those conversations for us being overtaken look to be pretty accurate.  From what I have seen on my visits to China, they have a pretty impressive society.  Its true that they are killing themselves with pollution, but it is getting better.  In my area of research, they have passed the US in the instrumentation we use (just plain money for science).  I see no reason for them not passing us in overall scientific capability in the near future.  I understand the hatred some of you have for them, but they are headed to have the upper hand in the not too distant future.  
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Challenger340

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 23, 2020, 03:14:01 PM
I have a few disconnected thoughts - while sitting in isolation.

The discussion here brings back not too long ago memories of sitting through lectures on what it takes for pandemics to happen and what makes a virus ideal for spreading.  I also sat through talks on BSL-4 containment but of of extra terrestrial materials - planetary protection issues.  None of that knowledge ever made me feel 100% better afterward and I am thankful I don't work with them.  There is a level of trust and hoping the system keeps working but a lot of really competent and smart people working to keep things safe.  Second thought is that China has a lot going for it in terms of technology and money.  I remember conversations at the dinner table (in the way old times) when I was a young adult (in the 1980's) about when (not if) China would outgrow the US...had relatives who were high level experts on China - not govt or spies, at least as far as I knew - but the kind interviewed on the news or tapped by the administration. The dates thrown around in those conversations for us being overtaken look to be pretty accurate.  From what I have seen on my visits to China, they have a pretty impressive society.  Its true that they are killing themselves with pollution, but it is getting better.  In my area of research, they have passed the US in the instrumentation we use (just plain money for science).  I see no reason for them not passing us in overall scientific capability in the near future.  I understand the hatred some of you have for them, but they are headed to have the upper hand in the not too distant future.  

Like the old quote.... "Let China sleep, for when it awakens the whole world shall tremble"

Canadian1968

Correct. very odd for people living today . So many advancement in medicin , PPE, science technology . Mass transportation obviously contributed to this spreading so quickly. But we also have instant communications as well? Ability to warn pepole instantly.

We can literally clone humans, we can break down DNA to its most basic form , we have drugs that can alter the immune system, stem cell research, the liSt goes on. But we cant stop a coronavirus  ?

Just baffles me

Mike DC

QuoteWe can literally clone humans, we can break down DNA to its most basic form , we have drugs that can alter the immune system, stem cell research, the liSt goes on. But we cant stop a coronavirus  ?

Just baffles me

None of those scientific achievements went from the brainstorming stage to a completed mass-market item on the shelves in 2 months.   

odcics2

Hmmm, and how do we know about labs in China????? :shruggy:
Think they have secret labs, like we do??  :yesnod:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Challenger340

Quote from: odcics2 on March 24, 2020, 03:20:35 PM
Hmmm, and how do we know about labs in China????? :shruggy:
Think they have secret labs, like we do??  :yesnod:

They import Canadian's for Technical support... learn/steal all they can, send the Canadian's home but send a few Chinese Scientists reciprocal back to Canada with them to learn/Steal from the Canadian Lab in Winnipeg, Manitoba

You know...
"business" as usual for the chinese....