News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 charger need help

Started by superbirdtom, March 22, 2020, 02:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

I am starting to do the body work on a 70 charger of a friend- i did one years ago and only one so i would like some help in measuring the distance of the quarter panel style line directly above the top of the wheel well.  it seems high to me   but i could be totally wrong  and its just fine    =they are the factory quarters and only lower patch panels were put in in front and in the rear nothing was done above the wheel well. .the upper line follows the style line and the lower line seems to be where it should be .  but if someone could just measure a factory quarter panel style line its one or the other.  thanks charger ppl!

darbgnik

Style line is 2.5 inches or thereabouts above the wheel opening on my repopped 70 quarters.  :yesnod:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

superbirdtom

Ok great!  I'll wait till I get a couple more comments.  The line is exactly 2.5 in but looks like it curves up.  I had a laser strobe when I did aircraft painting as a stripe would go through the fuselage and the engine nacels on a Lear jet and it was way easier than having to stand back an forth to line it up.  When your trying to lay out the tape on this charger qtr panel it's a trip as it seems it just won't come out right.  Thanks !!