News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas Tank - Trying to decide to replace?

Started by john108, March 23, 2020, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Charger (2 questions)
1  --  Original tank has small dent (see Picture)
Some minor surface rust on outside, can be cleaned.
Inside not to bad but not perfect.
Do you think the tank should be replaced??

2  --  If replaced, Are there tanks of equivalent quality and WEIGHT as this original.
Other parts that I have bought were tinny, light weight, and flexible (poor material and thinner) compared to original.
Which supplier and brand would you suggest??

Depending on decisions, I could have a question about the fuel level sender, in the tank.

Thank You -- John

davidcam69

IF you go with a new tank, go with the stainless steel from Van's. Look nice, fit well, and not that expensive.

70 sublime

If your sender still works and you get a new tank make sure you use your old sender
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

john108

Yes, I have seen a few complaints about the new senders.
Thank you both.
I checked Vans web site and for the 68 charger, they only have the galvanized tank.
I did ask them about it but no answer yet.

Mopar Nut

Go stainless and have it undercoated if you don't like the shine. eBay item number 362435047777
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."