News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It used to be a 69 daytona

Started by nascarxx29, September 25, 2010, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emccomas

Nwcharger;

I hope that more parts continue to surface as news of this efforts continues to spread.

I applaud your efforts to bring the bird back to life.

I also think Graveyard Carz missed out of a great opportunity.

I hope your find someone to assist in your efforts.

Please keep us posted.

Patronus

Quote from: Nwcharger on February 16, 2015, 01:59:21 AM
Quick update. Herd rumor that some parts from my Daytona might be surfacing. Keeping my fingers crossed but may end up with the gauge cluster, one headlight door, drivers door and maybe more.

By "from my Daytona" do you mean the original parts?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

hemi-hampton

"I also think Graveyard Carz missed out of a great opportunity"

How do you figure that :scratchchin: :shruggy:

Nwcharger

Quote from: Patronus on February 17, 2015, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: Nwcharger on February 16, 2015, 01:59:21 AM
Quick update. Herd rumor that some parts from my Daytona might be surfacing. Keeping my fingers crossed but may end up with the gauge cluster, one headlight door, drivers door and maybe more.

By "from my Daytona" do you mean the original parts?

Yes, parts that original came from my car. When it was abandoned it sat for a number of years before it was pushed off the ravine. During that time it was parted by locals.
1969 coronet wagon

djcarguy

Clipped Wings,,is the GYCARS show with JOhn an his ravine Daytona.just saw it last nite an it is on this morning at 8 pacific time again . just as they were to talk an open johns trailer, the bar turned up the music.  i guess thats why i can enjoy the show most times i barely hear it at the bar.

have to watch it again when i can hear it,i guess???  but sick of hair cuts an all that crap bout new DARTS what a waste an bunch of crap. the new shop looks big from the street but now we see the back is open,just a roof.    the best to anyone whos car is on hold there..

hey john its DJ in oregon! :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :cheers:

P>S> hey john if ya could get cluster with odomitor showing milage that wood beee coooooolll. :2thumbs:

matumorales

Nwcharger;

I've just found this story online and it linked to this forum. I admit I joined in only because of this thread, which I find fascinating! I don't own a Charger, always loved the car, but where I live, in Paraguay, South America, there were only a small number of these cars imported back in the days... and most ended up being taken to Brazil or Argentina.

Anyways, I'm involved in a somewhat similar project of my own. It's not nearly as difficult as yours, and the car is not as valuable and rare as yours either. I bought bodyshell/chassis of a 1981 Ferrari 308 that was being taken appart and I'm currently putting it back together. The car was a bare shell when I got it... and now I have at least 60% of the parts I need. I know how hard it can be at times... and how many people will try to turn you down... or even ridiculize you. Don't be bothered... endure! It's YOUR project, and nobody else's. You'll have a hell of a nice car when finished! So keep it up! Those real gearheads out there will truly appreciate your efforts. But most of all... you'll feel amazing when you see the results sitting in your driveway.

Best,

Dan
It's not what you buy... it's what you build!

PettyMower

Dan,

Make sure you get a copy of 32 Hours 7 Minutes.

http://www.32hours7minutes.com/

You will love this Cannonball documentary. Lot's of old 308 footage.

Here's the first 2.5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mXrJrXfakQ

As for the Mopar guys....only a few short video clips of a white Challenger. I believe they ran the Challenger in the Cannonball twice, with Brock Yates as co-pilot one of those years.

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on February 27, 2015, 08:26:16 AM
    Clipped Wings,,is the GYCARS show with JOhn an his ravine Daytona.just saw it last nite an it is on this morning at 8 pacific time again . just as they were to talk an open johns trailer, the bar turned up the music.  i guess thats why i can enjoy the show most times i barely hear it at the bar.

have to watch it again when i can hear it,i guess???  but sick of hair cuts an all that crap bout new DARTS what a waste an bunch of crap. the new shop looks big from the street but now we see the back is open,just a roof.    the best to anyone whos car is on hold there..

P>S> hey john if ya could get cluster with odomitor showing milage that wood beee coooooolll. :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

I haven't posted on this car in a long time, I still own the Daytona and hope to start on its build in the next couple years. I got divorced in 2017 and it was very nasty. Good thing I never started on it or I may have lost it cause she was after anything she could get her hands on. Since then I've had 2 more children and ones legally blind so I really devote a lot of my time towards my family. But I do still plan on bringing the Daytona back to life  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

ACUDANUT

You had 2 Kids in 3 years. Wow.
I am very sorry about your blind child. Kids first, cars last.

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on March 20, 2020, 08:59:22 PM
Quote from: djcarguy on February 27, 2015, 08:26:16 AM
   Clipped Wings,,is the GYCARS show with JOhn an his ravine Daytona.just saw it last nite an it is on this morning at 8 pacific time again . just as they were to talk an open johns trailer, the bar turned up the music.  i guess thats why i can enjoy the show most times i barely hear it at the bar.

have to watch it again when i can hear it,i guess???  but sick of hair cuts an all that crap bout new DARTS what a waste an bunch of crap. the new shop looks big from the street but now we see the back is open,just a roof.    the best to anyone whos car is on hold there..

white

You can do it Nwcharger, Family first. I know what you mean about having very little time to work on your car. It took me 6 years to get my 68 R/T on the road, I did it working on it 1 hour a day, right after work till the kids came home. You can do it!

Wakko

Tag in case it ever gets off the ground.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

aerolith

OMG NW!

Cripes you have had a ROUGH RIDE!!!

Been there myself, got the tea shirt, lost everything to a CRAZY woman... :slap:
But twenty years on, I NOW have the BEST woman on the Planet and a Charger 500!!!

God moves in mysterious ways... :dance: :dance: :dance:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623