News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pitman Arm - Plan B

Started by PA Dodger, March 29, 2020, 08:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dodger

I went to put a new pitman arm on my '69 Charger today and it looks like it may be the wrong size. I ordered the correct arm for the car. I'm thinking I got a large spline power steering box when I exchanged the old one for a rebuilt. So what are my options now? A new '73 and up arm? Is there a large spline swap arm for a '69? 
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Birdflu

I'm going to assume your new gear has an 1.250" pitman shaft. If that's the case, you can surely use a '73/up B-body pitman arm. Since the '72/older 1.125" gears are so hard to come by, it is commonplace for auto parts stores to do the 'switch-a-roo'!  :brickwall: 

PA Dodger

Birdflu - I wasn't sure if the '73 and up arm had the correct shape. Also, I kept running into info stating that the large spline boxes were used in vans. I was hoping for easy but knowing how mopar stuff goes was expecting some sort of one-off. I did find someone selling early b body arms forged with the large spline. Very expensive. :o   
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda