News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemi 500's

Started by 69 500, March 31, 2020, 09:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 500

were all hemi 500's made as charger r/t's ??  were all the engines stamped xs29j , then a 2nd  'x' stamped over the 's' in the engine vin code??

hemi68charger

No.. Mine was in patch #1 built.  My motor has XX
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparchris

Well not so fast...  My 500 was SPD 11/14 and the V.I.N. was XX but the motor had XS with the S getting an X stamped over the top of it.  Known history car with the motor never being out.

6bblgt

there appears to be NO rhyme or reason why a Charger 500 would have:

a "XX" VS "XS" VIN tag
a "XX" VS "XS" fender tag
a "XX" VS "XS" engine or transmission stamp (or a "XX" VS "XS" overstamp)

69_500

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 01, 2020, 04:44:16 PM
there appears to be NO rhyme or reason why a Charger 500 would have:

a "XX" VS "XS" VIN tag
a "XX" VS "XS" fender tag
a "XX" VS "XS" engine or transmission stamp (or a "XX" VS "XS" overstamp)

Actually there is a rhyme to those questions. VIN tags are XX on all of them, except for 10 noted cars that are XS everywhere.
XX and XS on fender tags have a definitive switch over date. Same things for the change on broadcast sheets from XS to XX, and there is another date as to when the window stickers changed from XS to XX.

There is a split as to when the engines went from XS to XX as well and only a short time frame where they are double stamped.

Side note, Troy exactly what Tomato PATCH did your car come out of? Cars are built in BATCHES not patches.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on April 01, 2020, 06:59:50 PM
Side note, Troy exactly what Tomato PATCH did your car come out of? Cars are built in BATCHES not patches.

mmmmmmmmm, let me think about some smartass thing to say.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 01, 2020, 07:12:28 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on April 01, 2020, 06:59:50 PM

mmmmmmmmm, let me think about some smartass thing to say.....  :icon_smile_big:

Take your time.  :nana:

aerolith

My non hemi C500 is 'all over the shop' with vin's!

Fender tag and dash vin is XX whilst the block and title is XS... :slap:   No overstamping on December 19th XS block, the stamperman was confused and exhausted by then... :smilielol:

Mine was a cabbage PATCH model in F8 green of course... :scratchchin:

CB in green is $3000, nearly as much as an F8 Charger 500... :'( :'( :'(
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

moparstuart

:drool5: I like cabbage Patch better  or pumpkin   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE