News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wilwood Brake kit

Started by geffen928, March 31, 2020, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geffen928

Evening Gents.....I'm planning on a Wilwood 4Wheel disk brake upgrade for my '69 Charger.    Wilwood has 2 options, an 11" rotor and a 12.1" rotor.   The larger rotor kit says that it fits 15" wheels.   I'm also planning on running 15x8 Magnum 500 wheels sold by Coker Tire.   I called Coker looking for a cross section drawing to check the dimensions myself.  Coker said they have no such document.  Does anyone have experience with this combo??

Geffen

Mopar Nut

Wilwood's will not work on magnum 500 wheels, the Wilwood hub will hit the center cap of the magnums. Notice the Wilwood rotor sticking out.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

geffen928

I don't quite understand what you mean.  Can you explain in further detail??

Mopar Nut

The center cap on the magnum will not mount on the wheel, the center hub of the Wilwood protrudes out too far from the wheel. The bracket that holds the center cap will not fit with the hub sticking out.

XH29N0G

Not to Hijack, but I will briefly. For information, What wheels will they work with?  later model Rallye wheels?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

geffen928

I'm curious.....What Wilwood kit are you using??  Also, That wheel looks like it might be 14" diameter.  What width and offset is it??  How's the caliper clearance??

Geffen

Mopar Nut

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 01, 2020, 04:50:03 PM
Not to Hijack, but I will briefly. For information, What wheels will they work with?  later model Rallye wheels?

Do you know the inside dimensions of the center cap? See picture below for hub size.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: geffen928 on April 01, 2020, 05:27:18 PM
I'm curious.....What Wilwood kit are you using??  Also, That wheel looks like it might be 14" diameter.  What width and offset is it??  How's the caliper clearance??

Geffen

I went with a Baer kit that will fit a 14" wheel, about a 1.5" clearance for the caliper. I'm getting ready to sell that kit and going to a 15" wheel. Check the picture out for wheel caliper clearance template for a generic Wilwood kit. Do have the template of the kit you want from Wilwood?

XH29N0G

I can check the dimensions, but it won't be for a few days.  I don't know them right now. 

Thanks for the information.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

pandamarie

I have 17" magnum with 12.1" wilwood discs hub cap is to big to put wheel cap on, I ground the hub cap down at about a 45 deg.ree angle and made room for the magnum wheel cap. Lots of material on the wilwood caps to cut them back.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: pandamarie on May 17, 2020, 10:32:56 AM
I have 17" magnum with 12.1" wilwood discs hub cap is to big to put wheel cap on, I ground the hub cap down at about a 45 deg.ree angle and made room for the magnum wheel cap. Lots of material on the wilwood caps to cut them back.

Can you post some pictures?