News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 / Daytona trunk rubber instal

Started by C500, June 14, 2020, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hey folks...

I'm ready to put the trunk weather strip on my 500. Anyone have any pics of the positioning / which way around it goes, and where the 'join' is.

Thanks,  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Start at the bottom middle and work your way around. Just did it on my 500 and Gran Coupe convertible. Simple black 3M weatherstrip glue.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 14, 2020, 10:57:28 PM
Start at the bottom middle and work your way around. Just did it on my 500 and Gran Coupe convertible. Simple black 3M weatherstrip glue.

:2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on June 14, 2020, 11:23:40 PM

With the clamps and regular clothes line pins, I did sections at a time. I just followed the directions...
1. applied/spread a bead of adhesive on the same sections of the seal and car holding the seal up away..
2 I let air-dry for a few minutes then placed the seal in position.. It pretty much was tacky enough to hold itself in place.

The tricky parts as would be expected at the 90 degree corners.. But, again, applying, let air-dry for a few minutes and position ( holding the seal in place with small clamps or pins ). Be patient..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

odcics2

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 15, 2020, 06:14:47 AM
Quote from: C500 on June 14, 2020, 11:23:40 PM

With the clamps and regular clothes line pins, I did sections at a time. I just followed the directions...
1. applied/spread a bead of adhesive on the same sections of the seal and car holding the seal up away..
2 I let air-dry for a few minutes then placed the seal in position.. It pretty much was tacky enough to hold itself in place.

The tricky parts as would be expected at the 90 degree corners.. But, again, applying, let air-dry for a few minutes and position ( holding the seal in place with small clamps or pins ). Be patient..

Are those original Creative Industries cloths pins?   :rofl:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Quote from: odcics2 on June 15, 2020, 11:00:05 AM

Nope, Hawkes' Nest Aero-Restorations............  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 15, 2020, 01:47:31 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on June 15, 2020, 11:00:05 AM

Nope, Hawkes' Nest Aero-Restorations............  :icon_smile_big:

:rofl:

Thanks for the tips  :2thumbs:

69_500

Seam for the weather strip should be off seat from the center trunk latch location, not directly over it. Off seat 2-4" from key hole. Either right or left, I have seen more original cars offset to the right.

odcics2

Whew, don't have to worry about DC-93.
It didn't use one in race trim.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on June 20, 2020, 10:56:58 PM
Seam for the weather strip should be off seat from the center trunk latch location, not directly over it. Off seat 2-4" from key hole. Either right or left, I have seen more original cars offset to the right.

Good Intel... Need to go back to my original pictures.. Too late for me....

T
Troy

tan top

Quote from: 69_500 on June 20, 2020, 10:56:58 PM

:yesnod:   just seen this  ! sorry guys !   would have posted this picture sooner , yes off set  take a look of  this original unrestored 69 Hamtramck Assembly plant , off set to right  , seen left too

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6bblgt

anyone have original pics of how the top/forward corners are cut/modified/other  :scratchchin:

69_500

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 21, 2020, 03:11:32 PM
anyone have original pics of how the top/forward corners are cut/modified/other  :scratchchin:

I have seen the corners done a few different ways on original cars.