News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where are the moderators?

Started by Fred, April 09, 2020, 01:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: Fred on April 09, 2020, 01:09:47 AM

Where are the moderators??

I'm on here semi-regularly, but not often enough to read through every thread or know which ones are problematic.  It's VERY typical for wintertime to generate much more bickering, since people are cooped up inside more than normal.  The "stay-at-home" orders have multiplied that effect. 

I'm not able to work from home very much, and it's a busy time for me at work right now anyway.  What time I do carve out for a peek at DC.com, I would rather not spend trying to convince adults to act civilized toward one another, or waste the mental energy trying to win an unwinnable debate about politics or defend the USA's "honor" among non-US-citizens.  There's a reason those subjects are to be avoided on this forum.

At one time, standard Moderator practice was to lock a thread early and send out a warning to the perps.  Most of the frequent offenders already know the speel, so that's lost its efficacy.  If the time is available, it's possible for a Moderator to carve out the troublesome replies and send just those portions off to the forum's abyss.  As an alternative, I've seen a recent comment or two lamenting the loss of a thread.  I did not move those threads away from the main boards (they're not lost forever, BTW) to punish certain people or silence specific points of view - it's just not possible for me to spend enough time policing every reply.  If I did have more time, I'd rather spend it with my family, recouping from my current 65-75 hour workweeks (which doesn't include a 45 minute commute both ways).  Perhaps it's better to simply move trainwreck threads off the main boards.  Regular contributors who care about a particular topic can discourage the frequent offenders from getting that topic removed.  It doesn't mean we need to move toward groupthink - but we definitely need civility and respect in any public discourse (and most political discussions are eventually devoid of both).  That may be the Moderator's best weapon at least until things cool down.

I'll apologize in advance for those whom I disappoint by moving any threads.  More than likely, those folks aren't the troublemakers.

Troy

Well, now that I've wasted half a day reading the insults of grownups who refuse to act like adults... I have decided to dust off the ol' "Ban Hammer". It may take a few minutes to get through the list. I don't have the time or patience these days. If you haven't been banned but think you may have been a dickhead recently, be aware that there's still several of you on the bubble.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Troy on April 12, 2020, 03:06:22 PM
Well, now that I've wasted half a day reading the insults of grownups who refuse to act like adults... I have decided to dust off the ol' "Ban Hammer". It may take a few minutes to get through the list. I don't have the time or patience these days. If you haven't been banned but think you may have been a dickhead recently, be aware that there's still several of you on the bubble.

Troy

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

AKcharger

I made a post about the economy that was realistic/pessimistic and it was deleted...thought that was odd. Wasn't mean or nasty just pointed out economics. 17 years I've seen some wild mud fights "lock" but never deleted  :scratchchin:

Alaskan_TA

Troy,
If you want help banning a few folks here, just holler.  :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

XH29N0G

Well that one could have been sarcastic. The response is an even better example (especially the guy with the wedding ring).   :lol:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Charger-Bodie

over here........................................................................

:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?