News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Determine parts prices

Started by johnnycharger, April 10, 2020, 12:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi All
I am curious what methods you use to determine the price of your parts for sale? I have my original SE seats that I will be looking to sell but it is hard to find anything to compare them to. They are cores that are complete with plastic backs and brackets but need new skins and foam.
Thank you for the information!

Finoke

Quote from: johnnycharger on April 10, 2020, 12:11:25 PM
Hi All
I am curious what methods you use to determine the price of your parts for sale? I have my original SE seats that I will be looking to sell but it is hard to find anything to compare them to. They are cores that are complete with plastic backs and brackets but need new skins and foam.
Thank you for the information!

Seats are a hard sell because no one wants to pay the shipping and they are a pain to ship. I've bought several sets of seats for 1970 E and B bodies and $500 is usually the price for seats that need to be restored. Meaning they need foam and seat covers. Most seat backs aren't worth restoring unless they are in really nice shape. 

Kern Dog

Quote from: johnnycharger on April 10, 2020, 12:11:25 PM
Hi All
I am curious what methods you use to determine the price of your parts for sale?
I sell at swap meets occasionally. I try to price my stuff at a price that I'd be willing to pay. When I see some dude trying to get $100 for a pair on 318 exhaust manifolds or $1000 for a '70 Barracuda fender, I am SO tempted to give the guy a reality check. People like that are the ones that most often load their stuff back up to try to sell at the next swap meet.

johnnycharger

Thank you both for the helpful input. Have a great week!

VegasCharger

Quote from: Finoke on April 10, 2020, 01:07:04 PM.....they are a pain to ship.....

I disagree. They are not a pain. Package them individually. Remove the tracks, label them accordingly, tuck the tracks inside the bottom of the bottom cushion. Then use some flat cardboard, shrink wrap and wrap the bucket seat with it being folded. Wrap it like a mummy using the shrink wrap first then wrap cardboard around it using the shrink wrap to hold it in place. It doesn't have to be a perfect box, USPS will just about take anything.

I can ship one bucket across the US for about $60.00. Charge the customer for the shrink wrap and cardboard. I never charge for labor but that's up to the individual seller. I don't even charge for the cardboard as it comes free to me. By doing this guess what?? I end up making a sale instead of lugging it to swap meets to get beaten down by ridiculous offers.

But I get it, most won't do that because we live in a lazy world. And for those, they will have tons of parts while in their 80s listing parts as local pick up only. My 2ยข

:cheers: