News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear window stainless steel trim removal

Started by kokxville, April 12, 2020, 07:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Anyone know how to remove this without damaging or scratching anything?
I want to replace mine because there are some small imperfections.

Thanks.
Have a great Easter weekend. :cheers: :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

I have that tool. But how do i use it to pull the trim off? :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

b5blue

Look a pics of what holds it on and how and just get in there.  :cheers:

oldgold69

that is not the correct tool for Chrysler chrome clips  it will work but it has too big a hook for back glass  we used to use a tool a handle with a curved post  with a bead on the end that was to install the windshield the other end had a flat piece of steel come out of the other end on that piece was a u shaped that would get under the chrome and you would pull it side ways till you got behind the clip and then you would twist it to the side and it would pull the clip away from the body and the chrome would come loose but they used to glue the heck out of the back glass trough and the chrome gets stuck in the glue  which means you have to pull up on the chrome but you had to do that with out bending the chrome some times you have to cut the glue from under the chrome  the tool he showed you will work but you have to make sure it flat or above the glass if that tool catches the edge of the glass it could chip it and being tempered glass all you will hear is a click and then a boom and you will have nothing but little pieces  trust me I know  jim

oldgold69

here is a picture of the tool  look up at toolsource.com 
Toolsource #: 71094   thats their  part number for it

oldgold69

the number is wrong it is a gearwrench tool  Manufacturers Part #: 2037  I see it is discontinued  sorry   but if you can find one used they are the handiest tool to have  for working on mopars  I used to put the door glass rubbers in the roof line tracks

b5blue

Yea don't forget I said "and a set of picks".

kokxville

Thanks for the replies guys. :2thumbs:
I'll try to order that tool and i have a set of picks> :cheers: