News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I think I get it now.

Started by b5blue, April 16, 2020, 01:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

After weeks of trying to stay put and hearing something going on outside only to be compelled to go look. I get how my neighbors yappy little dogs feel. I wanna look outside and shoot my mouth off also.  :lol: I hate running and walking is too boring with no destination, recently retired I'd planned to spend much of this year traveling or chilling at the beaches. This C-19 stuff hit just after I'd spent 18 months fixing/repairing just about any and everything needing to be done. Time to relish being kinda bored I guess. 

LaOtto70Charger

I have been working for home the last couple weeks, and enjoying it.  Being an introvert it is nice not to have to go to work and talk with people.  Wish I had time to do all the extra things around the house that need done. 

I could see how after 18 months though that stuff would be done, and I would need some extra hobbies until it got warm enough to fish.

Also noticed I am becoming the little old lady in town watching every bodies visitors. 

b5blue

XH29N0G

I hear ya.  I open the door to say high if I see a neighbor step out the door.  Conversation usually ends with a request to open the garage door and start the charger  :smilielol:  It is quiet and I have found myself highly productive at digging trenches to replace pipes punctured by roots, digging garden beds, and various other things that need to be done when I'm not teleworking.  A few of us have started building labs in the garage or basements and that has others of us thinking. ....

and I tried to heat up tortillas

and I got an unintentional laugh from my wife when she asked me to keep an eye on the soup so it didn't burn.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

70 sublime

I kind of get it
Everything is different now with a whole lot less to do from everyday normal
Being on a farm I still have all my regular stuff to do during the day but come supper time and after that was the time to get out and do something
No movies to go to
No place to go out for dinner
Dam snow and cold so no out for a spin much with my car the last little while

I find I have been spending more evening time in the basement playing around with the trains  :2thumbs:
Only problem our daughter has been back home staying with us till all this is over and brought her dog
The dog does not like the noise coming from down stairs  :brickwall:

A better view of the set up that we took to the local train show in Feb 2020
Lucky we went as it turns out to have been the last train show of the season as all the rest got cancelled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7E1V8-0MnY
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

LaOtto70Charger

Nice trains!  I bought the kids one, but that poor thing didn't last long.  Got a scalextric car track still need to get down to the basement and clean it off again.  Also need to get down there and work out more than once a week.  I keep sitting on the couch and playing call of duty.

Bronzedodge

Now in hindsight I should have gone to the local train show in January. 

As for being bored - now is the time to do all the projects you said you'd "get to one day."
Mopar forever!

alfaitalia

Quote from: Bronzedodge on April 17, 2020, 07:38:52 PM

- now is the time to do all the projects you said you'd "get to one day."

....as my wife is saying to me EVERY SINGLE BLOODY DAY!!

As I say to her. If you ask me to do something I will get it done......you DO NOT need to remind me EVERY year!!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 16, 2020, 10:58:30 PM
I kind of get it
Everything is different now with a whole lot less to do from everyday normal
Being on a farm I still have all my regular stuff to do during the day but come supper time and after that was the time to get out and do something
No movies to go to
No place to go out for dinner
Dam snow and cold so no out for a spin much with my car the last little while

I find I have been spending more evening time in the basement playing around with the trains  :2thumbs:
Only problem our daughter has been back home staying with us till all this is over and brought her dog
The dog does not like the noise coming from down stairs  :brickwall:

A better view of the set up that we took to the local train show in Feb 2020
Lucky we went as it turns out to have been the last train show of the season as all the rest got cancelled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7E1V8-0MnY

I spy a post war turbine