News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reinstate Snatcho!! Viva La Liberty! Viva La Snatcho!!!

Started by RD, April 16, 2020, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Nacho-RT74

well it seems I'm back too. I can find logical and deserved reasons for a couple of bans made around but sure not mine neither couple others. Whatever...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 22, 2020, 03:36:37 AM
I have learned my lesson....and will just accept that US car forums for whatever reason are heavily Republican

Not only car forums but the www in general. Target rich environment.  :icon_smile_big:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 22, 2020, 10:30:11 AM
well it seems I'm back too. I can find logical and deserved reasons for a couple of bans made around but sure not mine neither couple others. Whatever...

I suspect that a lot of people were just caught in the net whether they were out of bounds or not.
I'm sure that I was BUT since no Moderator had stepped up to complain, it looked like it was being tolerated because in general, many people are stuck at home and they needed an outlet. As oppressive as Moparts is, sometimes they allow a specific thread topic to deviate from their usual rules BUT it has to remain within that one specific thread.
Here, several Covid related topics were running and it was a free-for-all.
I spend time on another site that is essentially UNmoderated: YellowBullet.com. The people generally police themselves and if you are a weak spirited person or dim witted, you are ridiculed and humiliated....You know, like we USED to do in society before the Nerds rose to power and tried to make even the lowliest window lickers that were the last ones picked for sports teams relevant in society.
Survival of the fittest ? Pffft...Now we have people wearing masks in public for crissakes...

John_Kunkel

You need to start a blog so you can have an unregulated forum for your over-abundant socio-political dogma.

Kern Dog

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Alaskan_TA

Kern Dog

Everyone here is free to ban themselves if they are so unhappy.

Mytur Binsdirti

XH29N0G

I suspect Alaskan was being ironic (the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect).  It would be really bad if it were sarcasm (the use of irony to mock or convey contempt).    :lol:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 25, 2020, 03:56:09 AM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on April 24, 2020, 12:23:18 PM
Some should be permanent.  :cheers:

How about naming names and valid reasons?   

Names? We don't need no steeeenkin' names. Those here who violate the "no politics" rule by turning the simplest topic into a political diatribe are well known.

Birdflu

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 25, 2020, 08:09:59 AM
I suspect Alaskan was being ironic (the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect).  It would be really bad if it were sarcasm (the use of irony to mock or convey contempt).    :lol:

I took it as a statement...NOT an ironic one or as sarcasm...

ACUDANUT

I am back after a 2 week ban. My last post I was joking with alfa? with a imgy of  :nana:
I was not being hateful. Oh well, glad to be back home with my buddies.  :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 27, 2020, 02:18:27 PM
I am back after a 2 week ban. My last post I was joking with alfa? with a imgy of  :nana:
I was not being hateful. Oh well, glad to be back home with my buddies.  :cheers:

2 weeks? The rest of us only got one week. You must have been REALLY bad.