News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buy quarter skins?

Started by Wakko, April 23, 2020, 08:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I know the bottom of my quarters have some rust and will need work.  The car was restored about 15-20 years ago, and I have no idea how much mud was put on it back then, as I didn't own it.  With AMD selling off their quarter skins for cheap, I can get both of them delivered for $450.  I don't have intention of getting the quarters replaced (I can't do it myself) anytime soon, so there's no rush on my end.  What's the difference between the various offerings of quarters that may render just the skins as not the correct repair for my car?  I don't believe there's any impact damage back there, just rot. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Dano 1

I'm going through the same thing right now in terms of not knowing the true extent of the rot or damage to my car's quarters. I know I have rot in the lowers and some above the wheel wells but beyond that I won't know until I strip it which is a little ways off. I pulled the trigger on the disco'd AMD skins since the price was so appealing. Goodmark makes skins but I haven't heard good things and I didn't want to get stuck needing the full panel and having to buy an inferior product. The main deciding factor for me was that I see signs of rot in front of the wheel well which is an area no one makes a smaller patch for. I figure best case I can get by with just patches and can sell off the quarters for no less than I paid regardless of when I get to the body work.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com