News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ralley gauges wiring short

Started by Alec, April 28, 2020, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec

Need some help...Had my ralley gauges restored and checked..the whole works done like new by Tachman. I installed them, the temp gauge didn't work.The others were fine for a few weeks. Then all of a sudden the oil and fuel gauge maxed out and the temp gauge started working. Then parked it, next day battery dead. Charged it up, start it no temp gauge, I unplug the temp sending unit wire and all seems fine for a week. Now gauges maxed out with key off. I have to disconnect the battery or it goes dead. I figure theres a short but how do I find it.....69 Charger 440 with 90 amp alt, original wiring harness.. I tried grounding the cluster, no diff...

b5blue

Pull the dash cluster and check the green board's pins they are known to have crappy contact where crimped to board. (I soldered mine.) If you still have the stock 5 volt power supply get the new solid state kind.  :2thumbs:

Alec

Ok thanks...I figured the Tachman upgraded the 5 volt supply when he did the cluster.