News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

amd floorpan fittment

Started by BrugeeRT, April 28, 2020, 10:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

Hello, hoping someone can give me an idea on this.   So I just put in a new Amd torsion bar cross member and now I am trying to fit a full size front AMD floor pan.   It seems the crossmember is acting as a fulcrum so where the front of the floor pan meets the firewall it doesn't line up.  It sits about an inch and a half above where it is supposed to.  i feel like the height of crossmember should be correct as it sits nicely on the framrails and lay flat where it meets the inner rocker panel.   If i put the rear of the floor pan above where it meets up the rear of the car, the front drops down where it should.   If i put the rear of the floor pan tucked under the back section of the floor board how it should go, it raised up in the front.  Again, I think the peak of the crossmember sits too high (maybe a half to a quarter of an inch), so the question is now what?   In the picture, the gray is the primer on firewall Im trying to line up with.   Since the dash is in, its hard to get enough pressure from the top on the front of the pan to try to force it down.  Any ideas would be appreciated! 
Mark

westcoastdodge

hi brugee,amd floor pans fit great but you need to pull them about abit,you look like you could have a little gap above the trans cross member mine is actually pulled tight here,just done this on mine some pics... :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

BrugeeRT

Thanks for the response WestCoastDodge.  The floor plan is not welded in yet.  I was just trying to show how far the front would be off if the rear of the floor pan was tucked under the rear floor footrest pans like you are supposed to.  I think the floorplan is fine but the AMD torsion bar crossmember sits a little higher at the hump throwing the angle of the floorplan off.   So now I have removed both of the small rear seat footrest floor pans and will weld the front floor pan to the firewall and work my way back.  When the floor is completely in, I will reweld the rear footwell floorplans back in place.  It's just easier to line up the front first and push down on the rear of the floor then to weld the rear and try to get under the dash and have enough momentum to push down on the front to get it aligned and welded up.
Mark

Mike DC

The AMD torsion bar crossmember has known problems.  I would be suspicious of that first. 

nchrome

Check your torsion bar crossmember you mite have to cut the welds on the side rails and just move it down an 1/16 or 1/8 inch this will solve your problem without moving the rear floor tubs. l had to do this with the passenger side cause l had the same problem with the front of the floor pan fitting rite. Remember most of these parts are made in Tiawan or Japan and their dies are not perfect like the manufactures were. 

Mike DC

QuoteCheck your torsion bar crossmember you mite have to cut the welds on the side rails and just move it down an 1/16 or 1/8 inch this will solve your problem without moving the rear floor tubs. l had to do this with the passenger side cause l had the same problem with the front of the floor pan fitting rite. Remember most of these parts are made in Tiawan or Japan and their dies are not perfect like the manufactures were.

The original 50yo dies weren't perfect either.  

In some places they were better.  In other places they were just wrong differently.