News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lockdown got you bored?? SPEED is the answer, at least for this guy

Started by odcics2, April 29, 2020, 08:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdsandbees

Only a Dollar / mile per hour over the limit ?!! I'm coming down there to get back to my old habits. Ontario is anything 50KPH (30 mph) over the limit is stunt driving.. penalty up to $10,000, your vehicle gets seized at road side and your licence is suspended. Thank god this law wasn't around when I was 16 to 25!

The penalty for a conviction of stunt driving in Ontario includes:

six (6) demerit points
fine between $2,000 – $10,000
possible jail up to six (6) months
seven (7) day impoundment of vehicle
immediate seven (7) day driver licence suspension
possible further two (2) year suspension upon conviction
one hundred (100) percent increase to insurance rates
A stunt can be defined as:

exceeding the speed limit by more that 50km/h, or
at a rate that is a marked departure from normal motor vehicle travel
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Aero426

Mike DC

QuoteThat's a big, heavy car to be running 180.  

My thoughts too.  

At that speed, most people wouldn't have any idea how deep they were in.    

Ghoste

Yep, its all great until you discover the limit of your tires just slightly exceeds the limit of your driving ability.

odcics2

Remember this saying?

SPEED KILLS!   Play it SAFE!!!   Drive a Ford!      :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

180mph is a pretty damn good effort really, how many cars can go that quick.

I'm not really into the Japanese car thing but the "Midnight Club" go out and break 200 mph on public roads.

Here's a classic video of Smokey Nagata that has been humorously narrated.

https://youtu.be/X-Vcx3zRE-0

odcics2

birdsandbees

Quote from: Ghoste on April 30, 2020, 05:13:20 AM
Yep, its all great until you discover the limit of your tires just slightly exceeds the limit of your driving ability.

Like our guy from Quebec that the Ontario OPP caught on the 417 last week doing 183MPH in his hellcat on worn out snow tires. Blew a right rear tire just after going past the radar car and made it easy for them to catch. Only lost his rear quarter and bumper skirt and didn't wreck the car.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

alfaitalia

Don't do it in the middle of the night with no cars around...where the fun in that? :D ....do it in the middle of the day with trucks and cars to avoid..and to inject some sparkle do it in an ALFA Romeo...a very quick one.
No speed limits this side of the pond on the Autobahns of course....

https://youtu.be/004D8IFa3MQ
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

1968Fever

I got a speeding ticket on the Autobahn in Germany last year.  It was automated and was charged to the rental car company, who in turn billed me in the US.

I was definitely surprised to receive it.  I guess the Ford diesel station wagon was just too powerful.

alfaitalia

Quote from: 1968Fever on April 30, 2020, 05:47:49 PM
I got a speeding ticket on the Autobahn in Germany last year.  It was automated and was charged to the rental car company, who in turn billed me in the US.

I was definitely surprised to receive it.  I guess the Ford diesel station wagon was just too powerful.

Not all autobahn is deregulated for speed ..there are many 130 kph areas..about 81mph. If it's raining that limit can apply to derestricted areas too. A while back I was on the Autobahn on my GSX1000R..flat out about 186mph (going to the Nordschleife).....then i became aware of flashing headlights behind me...it was an elderly lady in a RUFF tuned lime green Porsche 911....who obviously thought I was holding her up on her journey!....I let her past. Took me about 10 miles (so that's about three and a half minutes!) and a little light traffic to slow her down enough for me to get by!
I recon that the standard of driving there and the lane discipline is better than I've seen anywhere else in the world I've been.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Ghoste

I agree 100% on the lane discipline.  There are a lot of other parts of Europe that also have much greater lane discipline than a great many other places.

Aero426

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 29, 2020, 04:00:36 PM

QuoteThat's a big, heavy car to be running 180.  

My thoughts too.  

At that speed, most people wouldn't have any idea how deep they were in.    

Doing it on a closed course is one thing.    Doing it no public roads with crowns and imperfections is a whole other ball game.       

Mike DC

QuoteDoing it on a closed course is one thing.    Doing it no public roads with crowns and imperfections is a whole other ball game.

Yep.  

ANY public road pavement is "bumpy" at speeds like that.  

odcics2

They busted another group of guys yesterday, driving Hellcats and drifting!
Unfortunately, it was at an intersection in Detroit. 
They closed down the street.

Ghoste

What was the freeway they were drifting on a few years ago with the woman on video?  Reminds me of that anyway.

odcics2

RallyeMike

Just reported tonight hwy 2 in WA guy DUI at 192 mph in a classic corvette. Its contagious!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/