News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Driver Door Recommendation

Started by Calif240, May 11, 2020, 11:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

My driver door doesn't align properly... my 1969 Charger was hit a few years back and the door work done to it through insurance was junk.

Long story short, I'm looking to possibly buy a new driver door and replace my door. My question is A) should I look to find a good original door from the factory B) order a new AMD (not sure how good the new tooling is). Not sure how much "massaging" I'd need to do to either to get them to really align nicely. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the time and make the gaps and alignment really nice. My hinges are new and the quarter panel wasn't hit, just fender and door. I know i may have an issue with the A-frame after the accident, but this looks like mostly door issues...

Any advice on ensuring I can get a door that really lines up nicely? Anyone trust the AMD tooling as much as the factory doors?

Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Ryan

allays use factory panels when possible. 

Doors for whatever reason aren't too hard to find compared to fenders and such.

I have heard that the scallops on the AMD doors are way to sharp.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

5wndwcpe

always use factory panels when possible.

This ^^

mAdMoPaR

I reskinned mine. It was fairly easy. All it took was some bonding adhesive and a few spot welds. Kept original core and just cleaned it up while it  was apart.

Calif240

Awesome! I appreciate the info guys. Gonna look to pickup a new driver door in the next few months.

Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.