News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Daytona SE no longer offered for sale on this site

Started by 69DAYTONASE, May 05, 2020, 09:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: odcics2 on May 12, 2020, 01:39:31 PM
Another B7 view, this one original, even flaking off!!
Notice how it appears different than the Charger I posted the other day?

Nice photo..oh I took it,  :icon_smile_big:(Door jamb):  FWIW photo was purpose taken at the time for visiting with a friend if it matters.  You know how photos sometime change and do not always show colors that well. I took several here for conversation to find the one photo that represents it best.  Also, remember that it is at the 1/4 jam area although good paint there usually but it still would not be as nice as the outside would have been (I presume).  Also this spot is protected from the sun so color is good.  Car was repainted a very long time ago white (and other colors too).  The white is flaking off the top of the original B7 (as coded for car).  I feel it is a good photo representing B7 imo fwiw.  Not that many B7 cars out there and sure neat to see them.

fc7_plumcrazy

time will tell if it finds a buyer at 385k$

69DAYTONASE

no longer offered for sale on this site
"My other car is a farm tractor"

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Redbird

At            $ 385K for what seems to me to be a good driver quality car. It seems like a nice car. That special?
               $   27K Sales tax at 7% lets say for an average State.
               $   60K guesstimate restoration costs where the new buyer would take on all the risk. As anyone who has torn down a car will remember there are in most cases unforeseen
                          circumstances.
               $ 472K ball park for what a buyer would be in it for. Plus costs to go get it, insurance, and unknowns.

I would see this as an asset with a strong possibility of depreciation. Personally, as a 45 year wing car owner I see little to no value in the SE package. I don't think I need education in the value of the SE package.

I see where the current owner wants to retire. Likely many of his perspective buyers have the same short term goal.

After a year of being for sale I see a trend.

There is a lot of automobile stuff for sale.

I hope the seller gets his price. Best of luck.

ph23vo

neat for sure..but too many beautifully restored ones for much less $$$..after a correct resto, that is restored hemi daytona money...seems a few have been in the low/mid 200's for stunning cars lately..good luck

odcics2

Quote from: Redbird on May 07, 2021, 12:55:02 PM
At            $ 385K for what seems to me to be a good driver quality car. It seems like a nice car. That special?
               $   27K Sales tax at 7% lets say for an average State.
               $   60K guesstimate restoration costs where the new buyer would take on all the risk. As anyone who has torn down a car will remember there are in most cases unforeseen
                          circumstances.
               $ 472K ball park for what a buyer would be in it for. Plus costs to go get it, insurance, and unknowns.

I would see this as an asset with a strong possibility of depreciation. Personally, as a 45 year wing car owner I see little to no value in the SE package. I don't think I need education in the value of the SE package.

I see where the current owner wants to retire. Likely many of his perspective buyers have the same short term goal.

After a year of being for sale I see a trend.

There is a lot of automobile stuff for sale.

I hope the seller gets his price. Best of luck.

everything always takes longer and costs more than you imagined up front...   :brickwall:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Redbird

I'm frugal. But in the past year I picked up these in the original boxes, and no they are not for sale.

If I can find these on my budget and with my limited skills, there are plenty of well priced MOPAR items for sale.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Redbird on May 08, 2021, 11:33:06 AM
I'm frugal. But in the past year I picked up these in the original boxes, and no they are not for sale.

If I can find these on my budget and with my limited skills, there are plenty of well priced MOPAR items for sale.

Howdy Redbird,                   13 May 2021

May I show my lack of knowledge and ask what "these" "is, be, are?" Never saw them before; sure are nice looking though.

Best Always

Christine
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

odcics2

Dealership showroom floor runners.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

armor64

that makes way more sense, i thought it was a "Rapid Transit System" decal stripe or something, and thought that was an odd choice.

Sean

426HemiChick

Quote from: odcics2 on May 13, 2021, 12:11:25 PM
Dealership showroom floor runners.

Thanks Odcics2,                      15 May 2021

Learn something every time we come here.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

hemi-hampton

It is Rapid Transit System. :scratchchin:

triple_green

Any new news on this SE? I noticed it isn't in the for sale section any more.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69DAYTONASE

Mytur Binsdirti

I stand by my comments in post #10 from15 months ago. Simply, your asking price is is about a quarter of a million dollars too high. It's that simple.

aerolith

Good luck with the sale!

B7 is a rare colour and a stunning Daytona option indeed.

Most folks after an 18 month 'lockdown' haven't even got the money for sales TAX!

Yes we all know that the 'top ten percent' of the world got richer from the pandemic.
But how many of them want a resto Wingcar?

Electric is coming and the market will be SHAKY from 'here on in'...

Folks who wanted Wingcars 'all their lives' will never be able to afford one now.
Even if the prices crash and the oil dries up, some of us are 'well past it'...

Blue on Blue with wood dash, 'rows my boat' BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE LOL... :D

That clutch pedal looks mighty small... :slap: :icon_smile_blackeye: :eyes:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69hemidaytona

Having just finished the restoration of a Daytona I can tell you that to do a top-notch job I spent over $375,000 on the restoration alone. Considering much of that was spent 10 years ago or more it would certainly cost over $400,000 to do one today. Based on that you would have close to $800,000 invested in this Daytona. I would sell my Hemi for less than that.

Kern Dog

Quote from: ph23vo on May 07, 2021, 03:56:18 PM
neat for sure..but too many beautifully restored ones for much less $$$..after a correct resto, that is restored hemi daytona money...seems a few have been in the low/mid 200's for stunning cars lately..good luck

What a nice way to say that you think the asking price is bullshit!
:smilielol:

Mopar John

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on August 08, 2021, 07:23:35 PM
Having just finished the restoration of a Daytona I can tell you that to do a top-notch job I spent over $375,000 on the restoration alone. Considering much of that was spent 10 years ago or more it would certainly cost over $400,000 to do one today. Based on that you would have close to $800,000 invested in this Daytona. I would sell my Hemi for less than that.
Unless you have a stash of original parts that you have been collecting
it will be difficult to do a restoration as accurate as yours today!!!!
MJ

69DAYTONASE

69F8C500

Has the fender tag or build sheet ever been posted for this car? I'd love to see all the options it has! Also, good luck with the sale.

69_500

Not sure I agree with the thought that being an SE adds 30% to the value. Yes there are not that many SE Daytona's, but from the ones I have tracked over the years, it doesn't add as much as 4 speed does. And that is typically less than 25%.

B7 is nice. Car looks good. What is up with the vacuum lines for the headlights, did someone relocate them to under the radiator core support?