News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Daytona SE no longer offered for sale on this site

Started by 69DAYTONASE, May 05, 2020, 09:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on August 09, 2021, 12:30:13 PM
What others have allegedly spent on a restoration is of no consequence. $400k on a restoration? I just don't see that, but it's good bash the seller press I suppose...
I'm repeating myself: this car doesn't need a restoration and it has never been apart, it's not mint but it shows well and I have never had a negative experience from those who have viewed it in person.
My price is reasonable considering the SE adds 30+% on a standard Charger RT.
On a Daytona it adds nothing? Come on guys, what color is the sky in your world?  :slap:
I'm not trying to bash your car. I'm simply trying to let you or anybody else know what it costs to get a full restoration done. Your car may be satisfactory to somebody in its current condition but if they want to make it perfect that's what it will cost. I have the receipts to prove it. NOS parts for these cars are outrageously expensive, and that's if you can even find them anymore. I wish I had known what the true cost would be. I would have sold the car long ago and been a lot better off for it financially.

RSI700VIPER

What others have allegedly spent on a restoration is of no consequence. $400k on a restoration? I just don't see that, but it's good bash the seller press I suppose...
I'm repeating myself: this car doesn't need a restoration and it has never been apart, it's not mint but it shows well and I have never had a negative experience from those who have viewed it in person.
On a Daytona it adds nothing? Come on guys, what color is the sky in your world?  :slap:

Why don't you silence the critics and list the car with no reserve on Bring a Trailer or eBay?  The entire western world watches those venues.  Whatever the high bid is - is what the car is worth, no?
69 V2 Daytona 440 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
70 FJ5 Superbird 440+6 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
69 Talladega Torino 428 CJ
69 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Gurney Special
70 T6 Challenger T/A 4-speed
70 V2 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4-speed
71 FC7 Challenger Vert Flemington Speedway Pace Car
71 V2 Challenger RT Formal Roof w/ V2 Stripe & Houndstooth

69hemidaytona

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on August 09, 2021, 07:14:53 PM
I'm not trying to bash your car. I'm simply trying to let you or anybody else know what it costs to get a full restoration done. Your car may be satisfactory to somebody in its current condition but if they want to make it perfect that's what it will cost. I have the receipts to prove it. NOS parts for these cars are outrageously expensive, and that's if you can even find them anymore. I wish I had known what the true cost would be. I would have sold the car long ago and been a lot better off for it financially.
Let me add that if I came across as rude I apologize. It's human nature that when you're trying to sell something you feel it's worth a little more and if you're looking to buy that same item you'll feel it's worth a little less. It's true value is probably somewhere in between what you feel it's worth and what others might tell you it's worth. Either way it's a Daytona and they are rare. Taking into account yours has the SE package and the B7 blue paint it might be unique. Best of luck in selling it.

nascarxx29

I remember the car it was in.deleware on a Dover military base friend had sent me picture.The as from hemmings doesn't mention SE but it's a A47 code for SE
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69DAYTONASE

no longer offered for sale on this site
"My other car is a farm tractor"

69DAYTONASE

69DAYTONASE

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

69DAYTONASE

Davtona

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on August 10, 2021, 02:44:23 PM
Or, one could be honest and realize the opportunity it represents as an investment in a tangible asset that will give you a net gain return far better than any stock. How much have they appreciated in say 35 years? Well people here keep posting the ad from Hemmings in '85 for this car-$9500, top dollar then, $385k now...do the math! :slap:

My  :Twocents: here.  Having owned Daytona's longer than the 35 years you speak of the days of them appreciating better than any stock are over. I do not see these cars doubling or tripling in value in the next say 5 years. Some stocks will. You obviously do not either or you would not be selling it. Mopar John is correct if you don't have the NOS parts stashed away now then a restoration on the level of 69hemidaytona's car is not possible. The parts are not out there I know I look. Occasionally a nugget pops up but they are further and further apart. As far as restoration costs go 62k on a restoration might not cover the NOS parts required. I as with others know and have bought them. Not knocking the A12 car but just to clarify there is a difference in restoration cost between a 1st place show condition and a OE Gold date code correct restoration. Which buy the way you are talking to some guys in that category.

Best of luck on your sale.

69DAYTONASE

Davtona

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on August 10, 2021, 03:54:04 PM

I resent your supposition of my reason for selling it.

Ok well then, you present your logic as its going up in value and will be a better investment for someone than stocks. Having one and other cars I hope you are correct. But you also discuss the difference between a purchase price and a sale price and how much it has inflated. What would most think. I've made my money had fun and its time to let someone else have it.

I normally try to stay out of these discussions as they do not solve much. Nobody here will change your mind on your cars value. But what dragged me in this conversation was your attitude on another's restoration. Probably shouldn't have typed the word sucker eh? That car is done to another level. And the money that was put into it will be recovered someday no doubt based on the rarity of the car.

To each there own.

69DAYTONASE

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on August 08, 2021, 07:23:35 PM
Having just finished the restoration of a Daytona I can tell you that to do a top-notch job I spent over $375,000 on the restoration alone. Considering much of that was spent 10 years ago or more it would certainly cost over $400,000 to do one today. Based on that you would have close to $800,000 invested in this Daytona. I would sell my Hemi for less than that.

I'm glad to hear you say that, I wanted to ask you & I always wondered what a Roger Gibson Resto would cost & 99% of the people that have had a high dollar Resto done refuse to tell anybody how much they spent. So appreciate that honesty.  :yesnod:  LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on August 10, 2021, 09:53:20 AM
Quote from: 69hemidaytona on August 09, 2021, 07:14:53 PM

Exactly my point, if you chose to spend that much on a restoration that is your personal preference, but to presume authoritative generalizations pertaining to others vehicles is more than a bit high handed in my opinion.
I happen to know someone who who owns an A12 RR and recently had a nut and bolt rotisserie restoration completed to 1st place show condition(multiple trophies already)the final price? $62k.
How you got to $400k is between you, your restorer, and your banker. I'm tempted to use the word "sucker" here but I don't want to be insulting either.

Why don't you tell us all who does every nut & bolt Rotisserie Restorations 1st place show winner for $62k. I'm sure lots of people would like to bring him some Bussiness for that Price. Also, If I win the Lotto I'd buy your car & drive it as is & not restore. LEON.

A12 Superbee

Mate, take it from a bloke who sold a nice A12 and was very concerned about getting the price I wanted, I started at $120K and ended up taking $95K (Australian), that was 2 years ago, I invested the money and soon after Covid hit and I lost $15K, its now back up to $117K. I'm 52, I too was thinking about retirement. You don't need the stress mate, sell the car to the next reasonable offer and move on, invest the money wisely and start relaxing and doing the things you enjoy, that's way too much money to have tied up in a car that you do want to sell, so sell it, get out of it, go be happy!
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

69DAYTONASE

69_500

As far as restorations go, there is definitely a difference in what each shop is capable of doing. I know you said you don't care for the OE Gold type of restorations, but those amount of details can only be had by a handful of shops in the country. That is why people are sending their cars off to shops in other states than where they live. Personal opinion, there are only a handful of places one should even consider using if we are talking about restoring a Daytona to an OE level.

Yes the local shop, can buff paint, and make a car look pretty to the casual observer. Its the details that get over looked at these types of shows.

69DAYTONASE

Aero426

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on August 11, 2021, 07:17:16 AM
Let me clarify, what I am referring to is locally restored cars that have taken top awards at AACA judged shows by competent judges, not pretty paint people's choice type awards.
There also is a narrow market for so called "OE Gold" cars. I call them "bubble cars": when not at shows they sit in a garage in a plastic bubble while the owner gets an ulcer worrying whether the cadmium plating on a bolt is oxidizing too much or sells the car at the first sign of dry checking on his $6,000 NOS date code correct tire.
Bubble cars...:rotz:

There is no comparison between AACA judging and an marque specific OE Gold certification.   

It sounds like you disparage the guy who is willing to go to the mat for a best of the best restoration.   Yet you want "bubble car" money for yours.   

Mytur Binsdirti

69DAYTONASE

While there are mostly normal acting people on this site, there is a contingent of the same old nattering nabobs that like to agitate and aggravate every time I get on here. Hellbent on trying to bring out the worst in people they must be a blast at family gatherings and parties.
All the negativity is designed to discredit and devalue.
I get the impression that there are many commenting here that were the only ones left playing in the sandbox when they were kids-some people never grow up.

I participate on several other car sites and there isn't anything even close to the jerkwater attitude of some of the people here that lack decorum and civility.

This site has become detrimental to both myself and my car, without merit or justification.

That said, I will be removing the ad for my car from this site after discussing the removal of references and photos to the ad with the appropriate moderator here. After which I am signing out and I'm gone.

Congratulations, the sandbox is all yours.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                 11 August 2021

As former owners of an original Hemi Daytona, we think it was worth a lot and it's now worth a lot more. To many, Hemi trumps everything else. Sure, an original Chartreuse Daytona with pink polka-dot interior, a slant-six and a floor shift 3 speed manual would be rare; who would want it other than a collector, and how many of them are out there? Maybe, just maybe one and that's a stretch in our opinion.

If getting a Hemi price is your goal, you may have to wait awhile longer . . . . IF, you are OK with waiting.

We owned our Daytona longer than most, 48 years. We had a number of offers over the 33 year period prior to our selling her last year. We agreed to sell her to the person we felt was the best person to adopt her. We accomplished that goal in Spades; She now has a loving Parent and Family that takes very good care of her and will continue to do so long into the future. Thank You Bob.

Edit:

We hope you are not offended by anything we have posted here as no offense is/was intended. We took a lot of heat when we first came here, much of which was my fault (Christine) and some from just plain nasty folks. They are everywhere. Stick with what you believe in and let the nasty's piss in the wind.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Aero426

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on August 11, 2021, 09:47:14 AM

I get the impression that there are many commenting here that were the only ones left playing in the sandbox when they were kids-some people never grow up.

What irony that you have chosen to flip over the proverbial card table and storm off.