News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Truck Bed Bolts

Started by VegasCharger, May 08, 2020, 07:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

I'm working on my dad's 1983 Chevy p/u and I need to remove the bed. So I looked up bed bolt to frame kits to educate me on how many bolts secure the bed to the frame rails. I use this as a shortcut to find out my answer rather than Google searching bed removal videos to find out my answer. You'll get a wide range of different guesses of your question and lame videos that don't go into great detail.

Anyway I stumbled onto this:
https://www.tuckersparts.com/Bed-To-Frame-Bolt-Kit-BMP-7301.html?cat=1483

$82.00 for a friggin' bed bolt set?? WTF!!!

And I'm not looking for the bolt set to purchase, I'm using the searches just for info and in this case I found out I need to remove 8 bolts. But my God this was way over priced.

:cheers:

Ghoste

Aero426

A bolt supplier purchases fasteners.   They mark them up and sell them in bulk to a distributor to packages them as a set.   They also mark up the set and sell it to the internet dealer.   Who marks it up and sells it to you, plus shipping.   See how this works?   

Is it expensive?   Maybe.    What you are really buying is a higher quality part and the convenience of not having to source bottom of the slag barrel bolts at the hardware store.