News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

King of the parade

Started by xx29440charger, May 09, 2020, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

took out the Daytona to a parade and it was quite awesome!
everybody was going wow! or that's my favorite!
Im looking to replace the radiator and the Daytona is a clone made from a 1970 Charger so when ordering a new radiator should I get one for a 69 Charger or a 70 Charger?
Im looking to buy a U S  5 row radiator or a champion 4 row aluminum and run the stock fan and put a shroud in it. The car has a 160 new thermostat in it. It was running around 210-220 and that's why Im replacing the stock radiator. Would a 3 core copper radiator work better?
Thanks!

Mopar Nut

4 row if you want copper/brass, the 1970 has the better radiator if you're looking at a 22". Are you looking for a 26"?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

xx29440charger

The radiator I currently have is 22 inches wide and is a stock radiator. I am looking for the best cooling radiator for my set up in my Daytona clone. Im going to be running the 7 blade fan a fan shroud with no electric fans. are champion brand radiators any good and how many rows would be recommended? I will be doing a lot of parades so I am looking for something that will keep me cool. I am running a stock 383 4 barrel.

NHCharger

I had Wizard Cooling build a radiator for my Daytona clone. My buddy owns a radiator shop. He looked it over when I got it a commented that they do nice work.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

roadrunninmark

I went with the wizard (ECP) as well.  They have a 22" bigblock radiator available too, if you need the smaller unit.  Price is hard to beat, 227 plus shipping.

Ghoste

Seems to have a little more of a stock appearance than most of the other aluminum rads out there.

RiverRaider

I am very pleased with ECP (speed cooling) radiator in my 70 Charger.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Kowal

Glen-Ray Radiators will sell you a very spot on replacement for your OEM stock radiator with an extra cooling row added.    I have one in my Charger...temp rock solid even down here in NC, in traffic, during the summer!
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

xx29440charger

thanks! Any wing car people running a Champion 4 row radiator? I was thinking of getting that with a 7 blade stock fan and a stock shroud with a 160 thermostat

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Kowal on May 11, 2020, 11:12:03 AM
Glen-Ray Radiators will sell you a very spot on replacement for your OEM stock radiator with an extra cooling row added.    I have one in my Charger...temp rock solid even down here in NC, in traffic, during the summer!

Ditto.
Did that on the Daytona, according to Bob still runnin cool ;)

pandamarie

Have a champion 4 core aluminum with no shroud and stock 6 blade clutch fan and have yet to have it go over 190 in the summer in California rush hour traffic.
I highly recommend Champion, and it fit perfect. Mine is 26" for automatic.

xx29440charger

What year and make car is your 4 row Champion radiator in Pandamarie? Was it an easy install and do you think a stock shroud would be easy to install?  Im running a stock 383 engine with a 4 barrel on a Daytona clone made from a 70 Charger  Thanks!!!!

hemi68charger

Just remember which ever version you go for, OEM 69 or 70, the shrouds are different.... You need a shroud... so, just make sure you get the matching verison..

t
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

r4daytona

Glenn Ray did mine.  Original radiator with 4 cores if I remember right.  Something about the spacing it was.  Anyways, it works great !  Never had a problem

xx29440charger

Troy, I understand that you are running distilled water and wetter water in your Daytona. I was thinking of doing the same thing in my Daytona just incase I have heating issues after i put the new radiator in. Any problems with lubrication for the water pump or any other component since you are not using antifreeze? Thanks! :2thumbs:

Hoser2455

Glen Ray did my original radiator with the 4 cores in my Superbird. Works great but I also use Evans Coolant in it. I can leave it idle, hood down when it is 95 degrees outside, for 15 minutes and it never overheats. It still runs about 195 to 200. Look up Evans coolant couple videos on Jay Leno and you will understand. A lot of benefits using this coolant.

Kowal

Glenn Ray did the radiator on my C500/Hemi.    A 4 row.  Can idle in traffic in the hot Carolina summer with no issue.   I know a C500 cools better than a wing car, but the radiator made an impressive difference, prior I could watch the temp gage rise as the car sat and fall as I drove.    Now rock solid.
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."