News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My own body work

Started by keith88, May 12, 2020, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

I bought my charger about 4yrs ago and it was far away from where i lived. Had it sent to me by truck although it looked good when i got it (from Michigan) all i saw was a video and pictures before i got it, she needed some fixing  when i got to actual see it. It had been restored some years before I got it and was showing some age. Spots I found were: body work starting to show where the quarters were put on to the rocker both sides , pass side ft fender had a small rust starting to show lower fender and a spot on the top. There were cracks in the paint where the trim holes for the vinyl top are on both quarters. Cracks in the paint on the hood on the drivers side in front of the indent. Cracks in the front fender divers side by the grill and for some reason the Dutchman panel had 1/4 of bondo in it and was cracked both sides ...I took it all out and found not rust so not sure why. I have done some minor body in the past but not like this I used a sander and hand tools to fix and painted with a spray can base/clear coat along with a wet sand and buff here is how it came out.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

b5blue

Kern Dog

That is a nice looking car.

BLK 68 R/T