News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 6-way seat "stamped steel supports"?

Started by Puzbie, May 31, 2020, 10:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puzbie

Quick question, hopefully... I have my original 6-way seat and I had the drive side floor replaces with a new floor pan.  I need to drill new seat mounting holes and I have no reference (issue #1), Issue#2, the Dave Wise book mentions " a pair of stamped steel supports under the floor pans for the six-way seat tracks."  Am I missing something?  :shruggy: I don't remember removing these.  Nick's garage only mentions brackets for '71 B-body.  Any help is appreciated...

ht4spd307

I'd say the holes in the floor are the same for standard bucket seats and 6way seats the only difference would be a bench seat having no inner holes and there is  brackets which are spot welded to the floor around the holes & available reproduction

70 sublime

Quote from: Puzbie on May 31, 2020, 10:12:40 AM
Quick question, hopefully... I have my original 6-way seat and I had the drive side floor replaces with a new floor pan.  I need to drill new seat mounting holes and I have no reference (issue #1), Issue#2, the Dave Wise book mentions " a pair of stamped steel supports under the floor pans for the six-way seat tracks."  Am I missing something?  :shruggy: I don't remember removing these.  Nick's garage only mentions brackets for '71 B-body.  Any help is appreciated...

Are they talking about the bracket that comes from the inner rocker under the car that only goes to the seat hole closest to the door way ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6bblgt

1969-'70 B-bodies did NOT have the reinforcement brackets

1970-'71 E-bodies did ('71 B-body ??)

Puzbie

Thanks... It had been over 20 years since I removed the seat, but I was pretty sure there wasn't a bracket...I thought I was losing my mind!

70 sublime... I was originally thinking the same, but since I had them on both sides I figured that wasn't it.

BTW I figured out where my holes are supposed to go based on the bracket on the interior towards the middle and the holes from the underneath bracket from the rocker... hopefully everything still lines up.

jerry

69 does have brackets next to floor hump.stamped steel.

70 sublime

I looked at my 69 tonight
I do not have any carpet at the moment in my car
On top of the floor there is a plate for re enforcement on the bolt holes closest to the transmission tunnel hump
The ones closest to the door just have the ones under the floor
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6bblgt

there are welded plates from the top (inboard) & brackets from the bottom (outboard) on a stock bucket seat b-body floor

the additional 6-way seat reinforcements are NOT used on a '69-'70 B-body

6bblgt