News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's with the driving with masks phenomenon?

Started by lloyd3, May 14, 2020, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

People driving their cars, alone, and wearing masks? WTF? We have become a nation of pansy bed-wetters.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 14, 2020, 05:44:01 PM
Was it in a Charger?

Regardless...
I consider those people delusional, fraidy cat assclowns. What a bunch of losers.   :hah:

lloyd3

spoolinhard

Who cares? Don't like a mask while driving. Don't wear one

stripedelete

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 14, 2020, 06:33:14 PM
Was it in a Charger?

Regadless...
I consider those people delusional, fraidy car assclowns. What a bunch of losers.   :hah:

Yes, especially those losers on chemo or with heart problems.  Not to mention those friggin' elderly assclowns.
Makes me want to puff up my chest and go kick wheelchair-bound ass.

Kern Dog

Bwa ha ha ha ha !

Kern Dog

Quote from: stripedelete on May 14, 2020, 08:46:33 PM
Was it in a Charger?

Regadless...
I consider those people delusional, fraidy car assclowns. What a bunch of losers.   :hah:

Yes, especially those losers on chemo or with heart problems.  Not to mention those friggin' elderly assclowns.

Okay, you got me there. Son of a bitch...I hate it when someone proves me wrong!  :RantExplode:

Really though, I see people with masks on while driving with all the windows down. What is their excuse ?

stripedelete

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 14, 2020, 11:34:24 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on May 14, 2020, 08:46:33 PM
Was it in a Charger?

Regadless...

Okay, you got me there. Son of a bitch...I hate it when someone proves me wrong!  :RantExplode:

Really though, I see people with masks on while driving with all the windows down. What is their excuse ?
Ok.   I'll give you that.  It's extreme. Windows up or down.   I don a mask and gloves when I go into a store out of respect for the poor $12/hour bastard that,  in my opinion, bears the brunt of this thing.   Headed home today I realized I was still wearing my mask......

Mike DC

We were originally told "masks aren't helpful" two months ago just to prevent the public from gobbling up the limited supply.  The EMS/medical workers need them a lot worse.  (And the govt was not gonna risk scaring the stock market by ramping up production in a hurry.  They have their priorities.)  

How a mask helps for being alone in an empty car . . . I dunno.    :shruggy:

Maybe force-of-habit.  
Maybe people are on the way to pick somebody up and they are minimizing their breaths inside the car.    

alfaitalia

If he's wheelchair bound and venerable or not...there's no risk whatever in a car on your own. I see it over here too....I try and give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they had them on in a busy area before they got in the car and forgot to take it off......or they didn't are are stupid...you decide!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

alfaitalia

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 14, 2020, 11:30:43 PM
Bwa ha ha ha ha !

No one is claiming they give that level of protection....in fact most are not even saying they will stop you contracting it as it can go in just as easily through the eyes. What they are saying is that it could stop you giving it to someone else (perhaps someone vulnerable) if you did have it...and many being asymptomatic, they might not even know they have it. No doubt that the rate of spread of the virus is less in countries that have made masks compulsory...so make of that what you will. That said I won't be wearing one until im made to.

Mytur Binsdirti

Homerr

My guess is that people going out put their mask on and run their errands.  They leave the mask on in between as they might forget about it at the next stop.  Also an argument can be made that more touching/handling of a mask could infect.  So it's more a one-and-done approach.

Anyway, don't get caught at the Darwin Awards this year.  It's going to be packed with competition.

LaOtto70Charger

Could also be an Uber on the way to get their next customer.

birdsandbees

The deal with a mask is if you do need it somewhere to enter a store it's best to fit it in a mirror and leave it on until you get back home to safely remove and wash it. If you aren't doing either of those steps, then you go without a mask.. like me.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

lloyd3

If you want or need to wear a mask because you or a loved one have a comorbidity issue then by all means, do so.  If you're a germaphobe who is frightened to death by any and everything, God help you.  The people who are pushing all this PPE and distancing malarkey are just spitballling what they think might help them look like they're knowledgeable and helping.  Purely political. It's the Nanny State on steroids.  They've got control and endless attention right now and they're loving it. I do hope all the twits that are extending this misery as long as possible are held to account this November.

timmycharger

Just saw someone this morning doing just that, wearing rubber gloves and all!!! I'm sure this person wears the same gloves all day, touching stuff etc..

There are people out there including people in my family who firmly believe that we should remain in lockdown, no work, no school, etc until there is a COVID -19 vaccine.. good luck with that..

These are the people shaming folks for wanting to get back to work and try to salvage their livelihood/business claiming they are selfish and just want to wander around Best Buy or go to Applebees.. its insane.

Mike DC

There won't be a vaccine for years, if ever.  Staying locked down until then was never an option.

The only serious conversation to have (along those lines) would be staying locked down until they find a treatment (an existing drug or combo) that helps infected people fight off the virus and recover.  

But even that idea sounded better two months ago.  At the time we hoped a drug would already be found by now.  And we feared the outbreak might get worse than it has.    

Homerr

Quote from: lloyd3 on May 15, 2020, 09:27:09 AM
...I do hope all the twits that are extending this misery as long as possible are held to account this November.

I hope so too.  It'd be nice to have actual leadership and get over with this instead of pretending it's not real.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Homerr on May 15, 2020, 10:42:48 AM
Quote from: lloyd3 on May 15, 2020, 09:27:09 AM
...I do hope all the twits that are extending this misery as long as possible are held to account this November.

I hope so too.  It'd be nice to have actual leadership and get over with this instead of pretending it's not real.

You saw what you were shown by a biased source. It has been proven multiple times that the media selectively edits statements and edits video footage out of context to steer their agenda.

RallyeMike

Or maybe the driver in the mask is trying to protect you because they suspect they are infected?

At any rate, this is not a "charger" topic! please give us this one small spot to escape this crap.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 15, 2020, 11:27:08 AM
You saw what you were shown by a biased source. It has been proven multiple times that the media selectively edits statements and edits video footage out of context to steer their agenda.

And, of course, your sources don't.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 15, 2020, 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on May 15, 2020, 11:27:08 AM

And, of course, your sources don't.  ::)
Sucks to be a lonely hermit like you, John....learning that your sources are liars and manipulators. People like you that blindly follow the government and the media are pathetic, soulless losers.

John_Kunkel

Following the party line makes YOU more informed?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 15, 2020, 01:04:20 PM
Or maybe the driver in the mask is trying to protect you because they suspect they are infected?

At any rate, this is not a "charger" topic! please give us this one small spot to escape this crap.

Erm...this is the "Off Topic" section!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

timmycharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on May 15, 2020, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on May 15, 2020, 01:04:20 PM

Erm...this is the "Off Topic" section!

It was just moved from the Charger discussion section

Brass

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 15, 2020, 10:18:41 AM

There won't be a vaccine for years, if ever.  Staying locked down until then was never an option.

The only serious conversation to have (along those lines) would be staying locked down until they find a treatment (an existing drug or combo) that helps infected people fight off the virus and recover.  

But even that idea sounded better two months ago.  At the time we hoped a drug would already be found by now.  And we feared the outbreak might get worse than it has.    

Absent a vaccine, we need to do more testing and contact tracing.  I think doing so would facilitate targeted isolation and a loosening of restrictions.  Also, "flattening the curve" helps to keep our hospitals and healthcare workers from being overwhelmed.

Brass

Even basic masks will help control large-particle droplets, sprays, and splatters that may contain the virus.  I still don't wear one in the car though.

MoparMike68

I'm having a really hard time with trying to accept #5 can we leave that out or would that be mandatory?  :lol:

Brass