News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's with the driving with masks phenomenon?

Started by lloyd3, May 14, 2020, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

Following the party line makes YOU more informed?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 15, 2020, 01:04:20 PM
Or maybe the driver in the mask is trying to protect you because they suspect they are infected?

At any rate, this is not a "charger" topic! please give us this one small spot to escape this crap.

Erm...this is the "Off Topic" section!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

timmycharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on May 15, 2020, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on May 15, 2020, 01:04:20 PM
Or maybe the driver in the mask is trying to protect you because they suspect they are infected?

At any rate, this is not a "charger" topic! please give us this one small spot to escape this crap.

Erm...this is the "Off Topic" section!

It was just moved from the Charger discussion section

Brass

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 15, 2020, 10:18:41 AM

There won't be a vaccine for years, if ever.  Staying locked down until then was never an option.

The only serious conversation to have (along those lines) would be staying locked down until they find a treatment (an existing drug or combo) that helps infected people fight off the virus and recover.  

But even that idea sounded better two months ago.  At the time we hoped a drug would already be found by now.  And we feared the outbreak might get worse than it has.    

Absent a vaccine, we need to do more testing and contact tracing.  I think doing so would facilitate targeted isolation and a loosening of restrictions.  Also, "flattening the curve" helps to keep our hospitals and healthcare workers from being overwhelmed.

Brass

Even basic masks will help control large-particle droplets, sprays, and splatters that may contain the virus.  I still don't wear one in the car though.

MoparMike68

I'm having a really hard time with trying to accept #5 can we leave that out or would that be mandatory?  :lol:

Brass