News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Windshield Wash Pump question

Started by Repsol17, May 15, 2020, 02:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Repsol17

Hey all,  Not sure if this is the best place to post this since the wash pump was used on several applications.

Looking to replace the wash pump on the reservoir on my Bird.  My reservoir has cracked and become brittle over the years.  The pump is still working but the years of service has also taken a toll on its look  ;D  I thought it would be just as easy to install a new one with a new reservoir tank and keep the original together since the ground wire grommet is attached.

My question is does anyone sell a repop that looks identical to the stock ?  One with the black body spacer between the white (yellow now) and the metal casing with the conical shape at the end.

All I'm seeing are completely white housings and a flat round nub at the end, no cone.

Thanks
1970 Bird 440-4 bl Sublime green

ODZKing

I see what you mean. Looks like OEM is the only way to get an original looking one.
The part number is 2809013. I just looked on EBay for "Pump 2809013" and a bunch came up anywhere from $15-100. Crazy.
However if you willing to take a shot I found this ...  he says it works. A little wire wheeling and clear spray paint, could be like new.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1967-78-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-Windshield-Washer-Pump/151970608029?hash=item236227739d:g:nC0AAOSwpzdWsCoC