News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who Sells Seat Track Plastic Guides

Started by 70sixpkrt, May 15, 2020, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

Who sells the seat track plastic guides and ball bearings?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Paul G

No one. I have had to make my own flimsy little metal retainers before. I wish that part was reproduced.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

XH29N0G

Is this the sort of thing that could be 3-D printed?  Just a thought? 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Paul G

If you have the ability, and can try to 3D print those successfully, you that market to yourself.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

70sixpkrt

I'm finding out that nobody is currently making these. I don't have access to a 3D printer and know nobody that has one.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

XH29N0G

I don't have the skills, but I will ask around to see how difficult it would be.  I suspect my son might know and we have a 3 D printer also where I work.  I couldn't use that, but at least it means there might be someone I could ask who might know what would be needed. 

If I learn anything I will post about it.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

kent

They look the same as in my 80 Roadrunner. Found a good used set in Arizona.   Get out to a scrap yard and find a old set of buckets. By the looks of them they are all the same. I was going to machine a set out of aluminium if the used set didn't hold up. They would not be that hard to mill up. If you had a good one to go by.
Still holding up after 7 more years of use. The used set that is.
Good luck.
Kent

Paul G

I have seen brand new seat tracks now available in the mags. So they must have made a roller retainer. I wish it was available separately.

Dano 1

Little late to the party on this one but I'm in the process of starting up a side business 3D printing otherwise unavailable restoration parts and doing custom parts etc.

Shoot me a PM or check out my website: www.nextgendesignsnc.com and shoot me an email, I'd be happy to take a look at these and see if it's something I could help with.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com