News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kick-down / Throttle Bracket -- Possible solution

Started by john108, May 19, 2020, 06:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Charger R/T .  Picture of my Original stock engine.
440 Engine, Holley Street Dominator Inlet Manifold.
Has anyone had issues trying to attach the pictured bracket in that location?
On the right side of the bracket, you can see a leg.
The Holley Manifold has a step in that same place and the bracket sits cockeyed.
John

green69rt

Hi John, keep running onto you.

My old 383 had that same bracket with the foot that rested on the intake.  I think it was there to keep the bracket from rocking when the throttle cable was pulled (stepping on the gas!)  If you are using a different manifold then I would think that it would be legit to bend it to suit the new installation.  I think that I tried to use it on my Edlebrock intake and bent it up a little to make the cables and linkages line up.

john108

The step, on the manifold is just in front of #7.
I don't think the original manifold had that step.
The engine assy is in a big box, to hard to get at now.
John

green69rt

I guess I can't help on this one.  Just dug out my old bracket, before I went to the Bouchillon setup.  My bracket fit OK except for needing a little bending to align things.

Picture doesn't show it clearly because I was holding the bracket in one hand and trying to take a picture with the other, but the foot on my old bracket cleared the pad on the intake.

Edit, just looked closely an your pic.  The pad on your intake is directly over the 7, mine is between the runners.  Must be a diff between a RB (yours) and B block(mine).   :shruggy:

john108

It appears to be a totally different bracket but does the same function.
The best I can see is that the original manifold didn't have that same step there.
Unless I open the box that my original engine is in, I can only guess.  see pic.
John

john108

Because of the hardware configuration, the bracket went on cockeyed and didn't have a solid mount.
I had various options: (1)grind or deform the bracket foot;  (2)grind the manifold step;  (3)Build up washers under the bracket.
(4) maybe something else.  I picked #(3).  As I added washers, the bracket slowly rotated into position.
The end result was 6 washers (3/8 of an inch).  See pictures.  I think the kick-down rod has enough adjustment.
If you come up with a better solution, I would love to hear it.
Thank You,
John