News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rocker Panels Idiots just painted over rust

Started by nchrome, May 20, 2020, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nchrome

On my rocker panels the idiots jus painted over the rust.  :brickwall: :P So l've stripped all the paint off and got through most of the rust had to make a couple patches got them welded in. :icon_smile_wink: l used a spray that stops rust in its tracks. Just little spots now. l plan on shooting epoxy primer over it and wait till it sets up good then plan on priming. What do you guys think. ::)

Hudson Hornet !

I would be careful in putting epoxy primer over top of a rust inhibitor.  The reason is most rust inhibitors are an acid compound, and epoxy primer will lose it's adhesion over top of acid.  In other words the epoxy will easily flake and have very little adhesion.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

nchrome

Hudson Hornet Thanks l may take and sand most of the inhibiter off and where the pits are it will stay. Then l will cover with epoxy maybe have less chance of flaking. What ya think? On the can it says paint maybe applied after it sets up :eyes:. Or do you think l have a better chance of just covering the lightly rust and pitting with just the epoxy  and hope for the best. lf l had a small sand blaster that would be better but l don't. And l've spent enough on this (pig) counting what l paid for her. :brickwall:

Bronzedodge

If you do not eliminate the rust, it WILL come back.   I would cover the entire car except for the area in question and sandblast.   Just watch your pressure.   The rockers are thicker than the rest of the car.   
Mopar forever!