News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

USA just lost a F-22 and a F-35 fighter jet in one week

Started by ACUDANUT, May 21, 2020, 01:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

That is like a billion dollars right there. WTF.

John_Kunkel

A million here, a billion there, pretty soon it adds up to some real money.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

timmycharger

That quote above got me thinking, (sorry for going off topic)..   I always think about people who build/repair aircraft and have such respect for them.  With our old cars or any car in general, if you as a technician mess up, sometimes the worst that can happen is that your car is broken down on the side of the road.   With aircraft, not so much. Screwing something up could result in the plan falling from the sky.. terrifying!

Lennard

Quote from: timmycharger on May 21, 2020, 02:52:17 PM
That quote above got me thinking, (sorry for going off topic)..   I always think about people who build/repair aircraft and have such respect for them.  With our old cars or any car in general, if you as a technician mess up, sometimes the worst that can happen is that your car is broken down on the side of the road.   With aircraft, not so much. Screwing something up could result in the plan falling from the sky.. terrifying!

That's why they make the big bucks.

birdsandbees

Been saying it for years. I have customers that complain that I'm too expensive when I tell them I charge $65/hr to rebuild their airplane and bolt their engine and propeller back on. Yet they have no issues paying $110/hr to have the wheels rotated on their cars! One of them just coasts off to the side of the road when the rotating assembly leaves...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Lennard on May 21, 2020, 04:31:03 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on May 21, 2020, 02:52:17 PM

That's why they make the big bucks.

Navy aircraft mechanics make mid 40k a year....

John_Kunkel

If I was still on my old aircraft mechanic job, I'd be making about $34 an hour ($70K per year). Aircraft mechanic pay scales are all over the place, depends on the employer.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 22, 2020, 02:48:35 PM
If I was still on my old aircraft mechanic job, I'd be making about $34 an hour ($70K per year). Aircraft mechanic pay scales are all over the place, depends on the employer.

I was going with military,  not civilian.

John_Kunkel

To the military pay you can add about $25K+ to compare it to civilian. GI's don't have to pay for subsistence.