News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

US Gov. employees Making bank doing nothing

Started by ACUDANUT, May 22, 2020, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

I havent been allowed to work from home (and due to my job, i wouldnt expect I would be).
I have had to make it so all of our staff can work remote though. It bugs the crap out of me to go through all the work needed to make it happen, only to have some of them tell me they are coming back in, 2 days after I jumped through hoops for them.
I would love to work from home, my wife does right now, but expects to be called back in to work the office any day now.

At least I still have a job, can support my family and help the Government support "some" of the people that need help.

Rolling_Thunder

Difficult pill to swallow but the reality is the federal workers need to be paid to keep them employed. Take my current job - federal and has reduced manning given the social distancing thing and the lower work load because CA is still basically a prison. The harsh reality is government workers, at least in my job, require quite a bit of initial investment to get qualified for the job- on average taking about two years to conduct the hiring process. If you don't pay these worker they can simply pass on to greener pastures and leave the government in a significant lurch when things semi-return to normal. Imagine 25% of the workforce leaves - can you imagine hiring around 10,000 people, conducting their SSBIs, get them through 6-7 month training academies, and then one year OJT to get fully certified? It would be a monumental cost in both lack of production and payout of re-training that many people in a short time.

Not saying it's right or wrong - but I imagine that is somewhat the thought process - it's cheaper to just pay the salaries (that are already projected during the annual budget) than the added costs of replacing/retraining  :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

HeavyFuel

Quote from: XH29N0G on July 14, 2020, 04:50:41 PM
That is some in govt.  I have an IRS person across the street - working her butt off - from home. I'll also point out that we the taxpayers are also paying business.  We need both.  My guess is that your neighbor is doing it to wind you up because he/she knows it will piss you off.   Just saying there are many who are working hard and have worked hard.  I am part of that group.  My former boss (also part of that group and a chemist) said the time was allowing a lot of loose ends to be tied up.  This means finishing reports and projects that were not possible before.  This is good.  He doesn't stop and never would.  Not his personality.  If your neighbor is a slacker - that is his issue and not a good one.  I seen some like that and they piss me off too.  But I repeat it ain't all of us or even most of us.

I agree... 

...and highly doubt there are very many Feds that are instructed to "Go home and fuck off.. your paycheck and job is secure."  There are some that will take advantage....but the intent of teleworking is to do the best you can to accomplish work given the circumstances.

There is accountability...however some supervisors and subordinates don't hold themselves accountable.

The problem isn't always the 'system'.  Personal integrity is still a thing.