News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memorial Day run.

Started by lloyd3, May 25, 2020, 07:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Rained very hard here last night and was quite cool this AM. Dawn broke nice and clear, however, and the day was much dryer than predicted. Burned some ribs and had lunch on the deck. I even tidied up some things first but then it was off to the grocery store for a few more "necessary" items.  The car seemed to appreciate the cooler and damper weather (smooth and easy starts and nice pulls coming up through the gears). Lots of folks out walking around and a few other older cars out and about today as well. Saw a '70 Javelin and a very early (67?) Camaro. Things are clearly starting to get back closer to normal here as the traffic was pretty atrocious, even for a holiday.  I was both "ignorant & selfish" according to our governor as I didn't wear a mask into the stores I entered today. I guess I'm just not climbing that wall of fear yet.  My personal thanks to all the veterans here (and elsewhere) for the opportunity to still drive this old car as I see fit. I am ever-more grateful this year it seems, for all the liberties and freedoms we still enjoy in this country.  

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

JULY 6, 1987
RONALD REAGAN 40TH POTUS

jefferson

Great too see and hear about others driving there classic cars
And not keeping them locked up like museum pieces

F THAT