News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Source for black vinyl bench seat covers?

Started by XH29N0G, May 29, 2020, 05:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

The bottom part of the seat on my XH is wearing out after just over 50 years.  I know there are various suppliers, but have never replaced the seat covers.  

I will appreciate any advice on where to by, what to buy, and installation/replacement for someone who has not done seats before.

Thanks.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Gold Rush

I converted my '74 SE from bench to bucket seats.  The donor seats required total rebuild.  Got upholstery and foam from Classic Industries.

There is plenty of info on the internet about rebuilding seats so just look around there.  You'll need a Pig-Ring tool and replacement rings.  Got them off eBay.  Don't cheap out on the tool or you may have a fight on your hands come seat cover install time.  Pick a good HOT day to do the upholstery.  Soft warm vinyl stretches and smooths out MUCH easier that cold does.   HAVE FUN!!!   ;)  ;)
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

Thank you.  Is there any difference in experience with either vendor or difference for shipping? 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....