News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned from the site but now I am back.

Started by Kern Dog, May 29, 2020, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 15, 2020, 06:45:35 AM
Quote from: Challenger340 on July 14, 2020, 08:53:23 PM
5 PAGES of this drivel ?

But saying 3.4 Million cases and skyrocketing is a threat to our collective economic well being..... and we can't afford any further STUPIDITY so WEAR THE DAMN MASKS ! is somehow 'political' and may get me banned ?

I will leave 1 comment about the masks, at least in America. As a professional who worked in nuclear biological and chemical warfare, the masks are a joke. They are creating a false sense of protection among people and are ultimately leading to the spread in this country due to that false sense of protection.

That's just not true....even the most simple mask or face covering...like a bandanna or homemade material mask will stop the majority of the bigger droplets in your breath or spit that contain the virus. Its true that wearing one will only decrease your chances of catching it by about 15% due to it not sealing well to you face....but it will reduce your chances of giving it to someone else by about 70%.....an improvement worth the annoyance I think. The spread in your great nation is caused by a lot of people not caring about it or being under the illusion its a direct attack on your liberty or constitution...and therefore ignoring lockdown and travel restrictions....even allowing big crowd event go ahead all over the place is not helping....its not that mask don't help.
Just look at the countries that are fighting it well....most have been wearing masks for quite a while....71 countries now have some sort of mask required at certain times...its not done for fun!!!

The professional masks that virologists etc wear are to do a different job..... they work in an environment where there could be free floating virus about....so yes it hasmet suit and proper gas fed masks..... What we are trying to stop with surgical masks etc is droplets that those virus are in when they leave the body....tens of thousands of times bigger than an individual virus which can be caught by pretty much anything in front of your face. If you worked in those settings I would have thought you would have known better!
If they didn't work it would mean that surgeons have been wasting there time wearing masks all those years....again they don't where then to stop them catching stuff from the patient....its to stop them getting spit and bacteria etc into an open wound....by catching the droplets in there breath. The fact that people moan they get wet and difficult to breath through after long term wear kind of proves the point and how much moisture from your breath they catch.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 15, 2020, 06:45:35 AM
I will leave 1 comment about the masks, at least in America. As a professional who worked in nuclear biological and chemical warfare, the masks are a joke. They are creating a false sense of protection among people and are ultimately leading to the spread in this country due to that false sense of protection.

Are you stating that as a fact or a "me too" opinion?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

c00nhunterjoe

Im not interested in a debate on the subject. My job was in biological warfare. Among other things, i took things that were bred to kill you in a test tube and find ways to prevent it from doing so. Ive seen things no man should ever have to see and have to live with it for the rest of my life. So you beleive whatever you want, i really dont care.

Challenger340

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 14, 2020, 10:08:29 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on July 14, 2020, 08:53:23 PM
5 PAGES of this drivel ?

But saying 3.4 Million cases and skyrocketing is a threat to our collective economic well being..... and we can't afford any further STUPIDITY so WEAR THE DAMN MASKS ! is somehow 'political' and may get me banned ?

Now back to the regularly scheduled....

5 pages of frigg'in drivel !
If you don't like it, walk on by and look at something else.
I find the 3 word thread and others like it somewhat inane but I have resisted clicking on those threads just to piss on them.
Since you act as if you are better than others, ignoring what you don't like should be an easy task for you.

Amazing you can't follow ur own advice ?   How many of my threads were locked because dumbass poked ur nose in ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 15, 2020, 04:00:52 PM
Im not interested in a debate on the subject. My job was in biological warfare. Among other things, i took things that were bred to kill you in a test tube and find ways to prevent it from doing so. Ive seen things no man should ever have to see and have to live with it for the rest of my life. 

And I am not interested in any debate on the subject either, as I too was a Hazardous Materials Techologist / CBRN Response Team Leader for a major North American Fire Dept for 20 years.....  and I would disagree with your assessment specific to reducing indirect exposures, with no contra-indications in transmission present to their useage thus far ?
So you beleive whatever you want, I really don't care either.

Go ahead and pm Ron (Firefighhter3931), I think he can confirm my credentials as well.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Challenger340 on July 15, 2020, 06:50:52 PM
Im not interested in a debate on the subject. My job was in biological warfare. Among other things, i took things that were bred to kill you in a test tube and find ways to prevent it from doing so. Ive seen things no man should ever have to see and have to live with it for the rest of my life. 

And I am not interested in any debate on the subject either, as I too was a Hazardous Materials Techologist / CBRN Response Team Leader for a major North American Fire Dept for 20 years.....  and I would disagree with your assessment specific to reducing indirect exposures, with no contra-indications in transmission present to their useage thus far ?
So you beleive whatever you want, I really don't care either.

Go ahead and pm Ron (Firefighhter3931), I think he can confirm my credentials as well.

I dont need to pm ron, i have walls full of my own credentials that i dont advertise and i dont doubt yours. I went well above cbrn, but i did cbrn as well. Doesnt really matter. I know what i tested and developed.

alfaitalia

....and yet still have know understanding of the science of wearing mask to reduce the spread of COVID....bit worrying really!!!

mel t

I, for one value, the RV salesman's expert option over a couple of retired biotech guys.
Despite the fact; that one of them is full of shit half the time. :icon_smile_big:

alfaitalia

...yeah right.....Even a five minute Google will show you who's right and who's wrong on this subject....not that you will believe anything that might contradict you as its sure to be a Liberal conspiracy or might be an attack on your Freedom, Liberty, or the constitution.....  :rofl:
Mask wearing and politics are two separate subjects....and if you dont want this thread locked like many other in a similar vein...then we might be best keeping it that way.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 09:58:54 AM
....and yet still have know understanding of the science of wearing mask to reduce the spread of COVID....bit worrying really!!!

Coming from the one who can be quoted as saying the mask has a 70% success rate, yet the virus is still rising exponentially and americans are wearing them with our economy shut down and in shambles. China and other asian countries  have been wearing masks in public for years yet where did this start and spread? Recheck your own facts before telling me what my job and results dictated as a biological weapons engineer.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 12:46:23 PM
...yeah right.....Even a five minute Google will show you who's right and who's wrong on this subject....not that you will believe anything that might contradict you as its sure to be a Liberal conspiracy or might be an attack on your Freedom, Liberty, or the constitution.....  :rofl:
Mask wearing and politics are two separate subjects....and if you dont want this thread locked like many other in a similar vein...then we might be best keeping it that way.

I have not said anything about liberals, freedoms, or conspiracies. Simply the ineffectiveness of masks and their false sense of security.

alfaitalia

....not my info....just quoted from many medical online (non political) sources...sure the % varies a few points from source to source but lets say (for arguments sake)its only 10% improvement...(its much higher)...thats still potentially thousands less infected. Dont keep quoting your qualifications like some spoilt child (my dad says I'm cleverer than you!!!)...we get it you are a clever guy. But some of the brightest most qualified guys I know are deaf to others views and are often lacking in the common sense of my less well educated friends....so i dont see it proves much.
Like us (UK)...you (USA...not you personally!)did too little too late...and still are...the numbers speak for themselves. We are not allowed big crowd events like Carlisle etc and from many of the posts on here and FBBO....many of you dont care less and are just living life as normal......hows that helping? Its rising exponentially because not enough is being done....keep people apart, dont allow crowds and the infection rate will decrease....simple as that. You have to be close enough to cough, spit or breathe on someone or touch a surface infected by someone infected whos touched their face etc first. Its not magic and you cant catch it other ways. So logic will tell a clever man like you that if you reduce those two things...so wear masks, stay two metres apart regularly antibac your hands, dont allow people to form groups (where the above is near impossible) then you make it way less likely to spread. Is it really such an inconvenience to wear a mask for a while???
Ill leave you guys to argue it out as Im off for a pint in my local pubs sunny garden...the first time its been allowed to open since the 24 March....its gonna taste great and it might even have been worth the wait....

alfaitalia

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 16, 2020, 12:49:28 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 12:46:23 PM

I have not said anything about liberals, freedoms, or conspiracies. Simply the ineffectiveness of masks and their false sense of security.

True...you didnt....but many other poster have......

John_Kunkel

Im not interested in a debate on the subject. My job was in biological warfare. Among other things, i took things that were bred to kill you in a test tube and find ways to prevent it from doing so. Ive seen things no man should ever have to see and have to live with it for the rest of my life. So you beleive whatever you want, i really dont care.

And how are these biological agents dispersed? By a cloud that covers a huge area and remains airborne or by a single dose equivalent to a sneeze?

Lets compare apples to apples.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 16, 2020, 01:31:29 PM

And how are these biological agents dispersed? By a cloud that covers a huge area and remains airborne or by a single dose equivalent to a sneeze?

Lets compare apples to apples.

Its not world war 1 anymore john, no.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 01:10:36 PM
....not my info....just quoted from many medical online (non political) sources...sure the % varies a few points from source to source but lets say (for arguments sake)its only 10% improvement...(its much higher)...thats still potentially thousands less infected. Dont keep quoting your qualifications like some spoilt child (my dad says I'm cleverer than you!!!)...we get it you are a clever guy. But some of the brightest most qualified guys I know are deaf to others views and are often lacking in the common sense of my less well educated friends....so i dont see it proves much.
Like us (UK)...you (USA...not you personally!)did too little too late...and still are...the numbers speak for themselves. We are not allowed big crowd events like Carlisle etc and from many of the posts on here and FBBO....many of you dont care less and are just living life as normal......hows that helping? Its rising exponentially because not enough is being done....keep people apart, dont allow crowds and the infection rate will decrease....simple as that. You have to be close enough to cough, spit or breathe on someone or touch a surface infected by someone infected whos touched their face etc first. Its not magic and you cant catch it other ways. So logic will tell a clever man like you that if you reduce those two things...so wear masks, stay two metres apart regularly antibac your hands, dont allow people to form groups (where the above is near impossible) then you make it way less likely to spread. Is it really such an inconvenience to wear a mask for a while???
Ill leave you guys to argue it out as Im off for a pint in my local pubs sunny garden...the first time its been allowed to open since the 24 March....its gonna taste great and it might even have been worth the wait....

I spoke of "credentials " only because it was questioned. I still havnt laid anything in writing out because i dont care to. Im not arguing but how are you going to a pub and drinking while wearing a mask out of bottles that were handled by potentially infected citizens? Much safer to drink at home......

MoparMike68

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 16, 2020, 02:03:37 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 01:10:36 PM

I spoke of "credentials " only because it was questioned. I still havnt laid anything in writing out because i dont care to. Im not arguing but how are you going to a pub and drinking while wearing a mask out of bottles that were handled by potentially infected citizens? Much safer to drink at home......
I think you misunderstood,YOU wear a mask he's going to have a beer in a crowd without one  :lol:

alfaitalia

Back now...it was in the pub garden...no mask needed. Not sure I will go back for a while though. One way system, screens both on the bar and between the customers at the bar, masked, visored and gloved bar staff, distancing whilst inside or out, slow service due to constant cleaning and glove changing or antibac application..all very safe I'm sure...but it all kinds of took the edge off the experience.
Bars and restaurants are the only indoor places we dont have to wear masks from next Friday...and no I've no idea why they don't start these things straight away either..they gave us two weeks notice before you had to wear them on public transport too! Why!?
I will take your advice and drink at home for a while I think.....something I don't really do at is more a social thing for me.

c00nhunterjoe

I dont have to wait in line at my garage fridge and the music is always good

Kern Dog

I am not a mask wearing guy unless I have no choice. I hate that it is being pushed on us.
I voluntarily wear one when sanding body filler, painting and yesterday....I was scraping undercoating from "JIgsaw".
I think that it should be a personal choice.

stripedelete

Quote from: MoparMike68 on July 16, 2020, 08:11:11 PM
For the pro masker 😷
:shruggy:

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/07/15/a-scientific-look-at-the-mask-fallacy-and-why-were-told-to-wear-them/

Hmm.   Listen to the CDC or a Behavioral Analyst, Keynote Speaker, Corporate Trainer?
Give me some time to think.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Okay, I'm wearing a mask.

Kern Dog

There lies the problem. Even the "Trusted" sources have been back and forth on the issue. I use common sense. The ones that say It isn't to protect you, it is to protect others from you... may THINK that they are making sense but if I'm not infected, the mask is just slowing me down.  Should all cars be restricted to 15 mph because some drivers may be dangerous?
No.

alfaitalia

....sand theres the rub.....you never know if you are infected or not....until you pass it to someone vulnerable and they die....then you know when its traced back to you!!

XH29N0G

As a kid I carried strep silently (no fever or sore throat).  They figured it out after treating others in my family over and over again.  I still keep an eye out for people around me who might have it in case the same thing happens again.  I am wearing a mask out of respect for others.  I can also tell who is man enough to do the same pretty easily by looking around.     
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....