News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Rotisserie Hook Up

Started by kent, April 13, 2020, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kent

Hey everyone a fellow member on here sent me a pm to show a picture of my front hook up on my Charger. I tried to send him a few pictures but apparently you can't do that here so I told him that I would start a  new tread on my hook up. So here are a couple of my front hook up on my rotisserie. A picture is worth a thousand words.  Hope this works. Let me know.

Kent

birdsandbees

That Stan's chicken cooker??  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kent

You know it.  Well made. Just love it. I can spin her like the wheel of fortune. Wife and I picked it up a couple of years ago when we were on vacation/parts run to Beaverton. Glad to get rid of the death trap my body man was using. He's getting this one as a tip when we're done. 
Kent

plasticman-32

Kent this is perfect thank you I was talking with another member and that's were he did his as well
Thank you so much for posting this for me...
:popcrn:

BrugeeRT

I have always been curious.  When you use a rotisserie, do you need a car lift to help get to the center of gravity, or does the rotisserie jack up on it's own?
Mark

plasticman-32

Quote from: kent on April 13, 2020, 10:50:42 AM
Hey everyone a fellow member on here sent me a pm to show a picture of my front hook up on my Charger. I tried to send him a few pictures but apparently you can't do that here so I told him that I would start a  new tread on my hook up. So here are a couple of my front hook up on my rotisserie. A picture is worth a thousand words.  Hope this works. Let me know.

Hey Kent do you have any pictures of the back I did my front like yours but the back is a little difficult

kent

Sorry Brugee. I just seen your question now. Yes my rotisseri has a treaded rod to balance the weight of the car and does a fine job. Those blue jack in the picture are there only to raise and lowing the car height when working on it. And to be honest we never used that option. The car always seem to be at a good height to work on. If not we would just spin it a little to put it to optimum height.

Here you are plasticman. I used a couple of different rear mounts. One system attached to where the rear bumper bolts to with reinforcement plate on the inside of the trunk to spread the weight of the car.
The second system mounts to where the rear shackles would bolt to with the use of a spacer to take the place of the shackle bushing.
Both systems work nice for certain jobs. But if I had only one choice I think the shackle mount would be it.
Here are a few shots. Let me know if this helps.

Kent

plasticman-32

Quote from: kent on June 02, 2020, 02:13:15 PM
Sorry Brugee. I just seen your question now. Yes my rotisseri has a treaded rod to balance the weight of the car and does a fine job. Those blue jack in the picture are there only to raise and lowing the car height when working on it. And to be honest we never used that option. The car always seem to be at a good height to work on. If not we would just spin it a little to put it to optimum height.

Here you are plasticman. I used a couple of different rear mounts. One system attached to where the rear bumper bolts to with reinforcement plate on the inside of the trunk to spread the weight of the car.
The second system mounts to where the rear shackles would bolt to with the use of a spacer to take the place of the shackle bushing.
Both systems work nice for certain jobs. But if I had only one choice I think the shackle mount would be it.
Here are a few shots. Let me know if this helps.

Kent thanks for the help I really appreciate it
So the issue I facing is the back is not coming up as easily I think it's to far from the body and may need to cut and weld it closer

The front is perfect but the back feels like there is way to much strain

kent

Yes they seem a bit long but as long as the side wall on the tubing is thick enough and the welds are good, it should be fine. Mine are about 8 to 10 inches between the tubing.  Not much weight when they are broke down. Her is a picture of my first set of rear mounts.

Kent