News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire brands for those with white walls?

Started by Spartan, June 06, 2020, 09:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Good morning,

I had a bit of a issue this morning, one of my 67 Charger tires has a slow leak since I got it out of the garage this spring.  It's been getting worse so I took it to a shop to get it patched. I was told the tires are from 94 and they cannot patch anything past 10 years old so I need a new tire. Well, I am running white walls like the car came with but I was told Michelin (What's on the car now) doesn't make white walls anymore. 

Anyone with white walls, what brand are you using?

I remember when I got tires for my 69 Charger how much of a pain it was to get them in the right size and those weren't white walls.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

HPP

Diamond Back Tires.  Whitewalls of various sizes , Redlines, Goldlines, Bluelines and more.

https://dbtires.com/

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

b5blue

Hankook has 14/15 inch. They were cheapest but well made sold near me.  :2thumbs:

Spartan

Hancook was the only one I could get on short notice.  I am hoping the whitewall is the same as my Michelin's so they don't look goofy on the car until I can replace them all. I had other car projects this summer between the 67 and 69. Tires weren't one of them...

b5blue

I used 15" on all 4 corners with junkyard rims while setting up my chassis and body repairs. They were fine on wear and handling.  :2thumbs: (Just get 3 more.)

Spartan

Rock on brother!  You mean 4 more, I think the spare is original, like 50 years old original, lol

b5blue

john108

Before 68 Chargers became a classic car, I picked up 4 wheels, that came off a new van.
The off white rims are still on the car.  The only thing that looks old.  When I get it running, the wheels will be replaced.
The rubber is probably older than a bunch of guys that frequent this board.

b5blue

Old tires are dangerous the compounds break down.  :scratchchin:

blakemon

So, what did you get OP? I'm just looking for ideas as I'm currently searching for the perfect wheel and tire packages for my Charger. For the tires, I'm thinking of getting the BFG Radial TA.