News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Okay, so it's not a Superbird....yet!

Started by hotrod98, May 18, 2006, 09:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Well, the satellite that I bought sight unseen is not quite as nice as I had hoped. But since I only paid $500 for it, it still wasn't a bad deal.
I couldn't wait to see what it would look like with my wing on it.  ;D The trunk floor is toast as are the quarters and outer wheelhouses. The main floor, frame and just about all of the rest of the sheet metal are solid though so I may hold on to this car for later use. Might use it to make a nascar superbird clone some day. Meanwhile, I found a much better car in southern Oklahoma, near the Texas border. I hate repairing rusty cars. I don't mind patching lower quarters but installing complete quarters and trunk floors is expensive and time consuming. I have the correct taillights and rallye dash, so I can get by with using a satellite. They're much less expensive than a comparable road runner. I also have a set of correct bucket seats and an extra automatic floor console setup. I have pretty much everything to build a decent superbird. Don Currie built my nose, hood extension, fender extensions, fender scoops, wing and wing washers. I'm going to alter one of my sets of daytona wing braces to use. As soon as we get the new shop set up for building the daytona parts, maybe I'll actually find the time to start building my bird.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Blown70

hotrod98

This is a pic that I chopped from a previous pic of an orange car that I posted a while back. It's the basic look that I'm going for. The only difference will be the twin scoop r/t hood that I'm altering and I'll use 17's or 18's instead of the 20's in the pic. Since it's actually going to be my wife's car, she wants me to try to incorporate cuda gills into the fenders like the ones on her cuda. Might not look too bad. Will work if the radius of the coronet fenders turn out to be close enough to the cuda fenders.
If I build this one the way that she wants it, she'll leave me alone when I start on my Daytona clone.

Charles Addams

Blown70

I really like that one.  Good looking concept....

Tom

PocketThunder

Your wife is cool!

My spouse is of the same nature..  i'm just finishing her 68 Charger before i start my 500.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

boy a big wing , make even an old rusty satellite look pretty cool. i don't know about those cuda gills, i'm gonna stare at them a little longer and.  see if they grow on me.  ;)
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nitrometal

Your wife's are cool!  Mine will hardly get in my car because the a/c doesn't work.  I can't blame her though, it gets freaking hot in Texas!
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hotrod98

Quote from: nitrometal on May 18, 2006, 07:49:41 PM
Your wife's are cool! Mine will hardly get in my car because the a/c doesn't work. I can't blame her though, it gets freaking hot in Texas!

My wife's a little picky in that area as well. I still haven't had the time to hook up the a/c in her cuda. But, at least the cruise control's working. She just realized for the first time a couple of weeks ago that there won't be a/c in the hemi chal convert. I told her that she didn't have to drive it. I'll be glad to drive that one. Come on, a/c in a hemi car is just not right, even though it gets up to over 100 degrees here in the summer. At least we don't still live in Houston.

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 18, 2006, 07:41:54 PM
boy a big wing , make even an old rusty satellite look pretty cool. i don't know about those cuda gills, i'm gonna stare at them a little longer and. see if they grow on me. ;)

Rene, she wants to put gills on everything she owns. As for the wing, we've actually had people stop in because they thought it was a real bird. My guys have been ribbing me ever since I put the wing on.

Charles Addams

Brock Samson

years ago i saw Bill Harrah's personal '66 HEMI Sat. in his auto museum,.. It's A/C looked like it came from the factory and probably did...

Bluestar

I don't know how hard they are to come by, but I have a correct set of tailights and bezels for it if you are interested.

Ghoste

I kinda like the gills.  Although I wouldn't gills with fender scoops.  It would have to be an either/or for me personally and in the end I'd likely go with the scoops.

hotrod98

Some of the cars that I build are completely different than what I see out there all of the time. I try to do them tastefully, yet somehow what could have actually been built. I won't put non-mopar items on my mopars, i.e. 69 camaro quarter grilles on a 71 cuda. Not cool. My wife's '73 cuda which is highly modified with earlier style pieces such as the gills has already won more trophies and plaques in one year than my all original appearing '71 cuda has in six years. People are much harder to please nowadays when it comes to the show cars. If you want to see 1000 stock similarly appearing cudas or chargers all lined up in a row, just go to the nats. You'll be in mopar heaven. I've left my 69 Runner, my 69 Bee and my 69 R/T Se all stock just to keep some of the mopar police off of my back.  ;D

Charles Addams

myrt70

I like seeing the one off cars, like the 71 wingcars that Dayclona did,and the Charger convertible. that 66 orange Charger with the wing on it. That Cuda,with the Viper Chassis that Ultimate rides built. There have also been a lot of restomods at the shows also. I also like seeing the correct original restorations,and the survivior cars too. Theres plenty of room in the hobby for all of them. I agree with you Hot Rod 98,if your going to modify a Mopar,it must be modified with all Mopar parts,wether from the past or present.
70 Charger R/T