News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chryslers at Carlisle '20. Who's going?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 11, 2020, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4cruzin

Appears many are not making the trip.  Weird I booked a room 2 days ago and got 4 days and 3 nights for $195.00.  Stayed there before and it was $110.00 a night.  Looks like the hotels are hurting for business as well. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

AKcharger

Quote from: 4cruzin on July 08, 2020, 09:45:16 AM
Appears many are not making the trip.  Weird I booked a room 2 days ago and got 4 days and 3 nights for $195.00.  Stayed there before and it was $110.00 a night.  Looks like the hotels are hurting for business as well. 

We haven't booked a hotel yet for that reason...we know its not crowded

Bronzedodge

Better rates if you're willing to be 30 min away in Harrisburg or Chambersburg.  Place I was in last year just west of Harrisburg over the river increased their rates.   :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Mopar forever!

AKcharger

Went to Mechanicsburg, rates good but hotels we fuller than expected...good show

4cruzin

Was a really good show although as expected . . . attendance was down.  Think there were about 2200 cars . . was nice that the rain didn't come and the breeze was appreciated all weekend.  Certainly do not regret making the 8 hour ride out. 

Nice to see some old friends and meet some new!  Already looking forward to next year!    :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

2200 sounds like a lot to me.....How many cars are there on a "normal" year?....just for comparison.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ODZKing

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2020, 12:47:41 PM
2200 sounds like a lot to me.....How many cars are there on a "normal" year?....just for comparison.
From what I could find on the internet, 2803 cars was 2019 attendance.

4cruzin

I went looking  . . it appears that the number was around 2850 . . when I went to the front to see how many members registered for the ebody group, they were still registering cars on Saturday afternoon and I asked what number we were at and it was over 2850.  This picture is from last year! 

alfaitalia

One day................................. :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

gtx6970

I talked to a friend of mine yesterday. He said as late as early Saturday it was WAY down both cars , vendors and walkers

But by noon cars coming in were  filling up fairly well.
Overall he guesses they were down maybe 20% total
Some big vendors were not there , Year one, Vans and a few others .

AKcharger

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 17, 2020, 03:20:37 PM
...Overall he guesses they were down maybe 20% total...

I think that's about spot on