News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash removal 68 Charger

Started by Bossman963, June 12, 2020, 10:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossman963

OK as I'm sure this question has been asked before

My question as it appears that there's 6 or so looks like 7/16 bolt at the glass edge (front windshield) that needs to be removed
So if the glass is installed is there a special tool to wrench the bolts back down or just wait to install the front glass??
Or any tips :shruggy:

thx in advance Mike
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Troy

Definitely do it with the glass out. I'm honestly not sure if you can reach them with the glass installed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bossman963

69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

green69rt

Yes, the windshield has to be out to get at those bolts.  If by some amazing feat of contortion, you can get them out, you'll never get them back in.  Some other thing to do with the windshield out is replace the headliner (just easier although doing it with the windshield in place is doable.)  Replacing vinyl top because the top goes under the windshield trim clips.  Fitting the front inside window trim clips (if you know what they look like and how they mount you will know why you put them in before the windshield. 

Bossman963

69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS