News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advise on Corbeau seat install

Started by snipernuts, June 13, 2020, 08:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipernuts

hey guys!!  i could use some advise / help.  just purchased a pair of Corbeau GTS seats for my '69. Has anybody used their original seat tracks or do i have to use Corbeau brackets?  i really do not want to drill extra holes in my floor.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
1969 SE Charger 318 (survivor)
1970 Lemans Sport Conv't
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee

Mike DC

:Twocents:

Bite the bullet and fabricate some DIY bracketing.  Like, to bridge between the Corbeau slider tracks and the stock Charger floor holes.      

It's not a place to get quick & dirty.  An adult driver + seat = at least the weight of a transmission.  And realistically, most non-stock seat swapping calls for some amount of custom bracketing just to get the height/location right.

Kern Dog

When I swapped in the Neon SRT 4 seats, I made my own brackets. If you have a 2 foot level, a welder and a grinder, you can make your own too.  :2thumbs:

snipernuts

hey thanks guys for the direction.  gonna tackle it this Thursday, will post pics

1969 SE Charger 318 (survivor)
1970 Lemans Sport Conv't
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee

WHITE AND RED 69

The corbeau brackets don't require new holes to be drilled in the floor. They mount in the same holes as the stock frames.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster