News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 steering wheel

Started by fireguyfire, June 14, 2020, 10:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

This is the column and steering wheel that came in my recently acquired 69 charger project roller.
This doesn't appear correct for a 69 charger.
Can anyone confirm my suspicions, and also if wrong, any idea what this wheel and column is out of?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

70 sublime

68 wheel
I have the same one in my 69 just because it was in nice shape and have not found a 69 wheel yet
I got tired of the little chrome and black one that came in my car
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

That looks like a 1968 horn ring/button.

If you are referring to the column shifter, that was optional on Chargers if the buyer ordered the center armrest/seat instead of the console.  The car will have a few different floor brackets depending how that was ordered. 

fireguyfire

According to the VIN this car was originally a 318 car, so I guess a column shift would make sense with it.
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent

JB400

Any idea what your build date is?  Early 69's got a few 68 parts

fireguyfire

Unfortunately I only have a VIN; no fender tag or build sheet
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent

Mike DC

IIRC the console & floor shifter was the standard setup and the armrest/seat was an option.  It might have been a no-cost option.  

The parts to convert a column-shifted car over to a floor-shifted are mostly reproduced now.  Somebody makes the parts to eliminate the shifter/indicator on that column.  The (weld on) floor brackets for a console are made too.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 15, 2020, 03:25:41 PM

IIRC the console & floor shifter was the standard setup and the armrest/seat was an option.  It might have been a no-cost option.  

The parts to convert a column-shifted car over to a floor-shifted are mostly reproduced now.  Somebody makes the parts to eliminate the shifter/indicator on that column.  The (weld on) floor brackets for a console are made too.

The column shift was never optional equipment. Floor shifts, either manual or automatic, were.

One can argue that a buyer had the "option" of buying a car with either a column or floor shift, but that's not what the term means.

plasticman-32

That would be a 1968 charger wheel