News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Converting from A/C to non-A/C

Started by rikubot, June 15, 2020, 01:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

I kinda go on the same thought process. I also was struggling with vapor-lock issues  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Tan Top, do you remember what gauge steel you used for your block-off plates?
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I'm getting ready to drill the holes to mount the heater box in the car. The box doesn't mount against the cowl (where the big rubber ring sits) how I thought it did. It seems it just presses up against whereas I thought it sat around it. About how close does the box sit with the cowl? How smushed should the rubber gasket be? Any measurements of where the holes should be would be greatly appreciated  :notworthy:
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I cut a few plates for the holes and bolted them in. It looks okay. I definitely like it better with them on the inside. You can see the template I made for the big hole in the first pic. I took that template to a metal shop in town and they are supposed to cut it out for me in 14 gauge metal with a cnc plasma cutter. They said it won't be ready til Tuesday so I can't check the fit until then.

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Got my block off plate back from Midwest Steel in Pueblo, CO. Not too shabby!

14G steel cut with a plasma cutter. $32 and change.
'69 Charger, 440/727