News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vin number opinions

Started by fireguyfire, June 15, 2020, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

So I have a 69 rolling shell project I just acquired; unfortunately there is no fender tag or build sheet with the car, and most of the interior is gone.
I sent the vin to a known Mopar guru buddy of mine, and he told me my car was an SE.
I'm going to talk to him further about it, but I didn't think you could know that a car was an SE just from the VIN, but maybe I'm wrong.
Ironically this car has factory holes down the rockers on both sides, so it did have the stainless rocket trim that I believe all SE's got.
Anyway, the start of the vin is XP29F9B; to me there's no way to tell from that, but I certainly don't know everything.
Thoughts?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

70 sublime

XX is a Daytona
XS is an R/T
XP is a regular Charger

29 means Charger body style
F is the engine size
9 is the year 1969
B is the factory that built it

No way to tell if SE from VIN

About the only way to see if it is an SE car is a regular Charger has script mounted with two holes on the side of the roof just behind the back seat side window
An SE just has a small square with the letters SE in same location but the two holes are a lot closer together
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green