News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SHOW: =CANCELED= Fox Lake IL 60041

Started by bannedbird, January 25, 2020, 01:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannedbird

Cozy Mopar show.  28 June 2020.  9 to 3:30. $15 per car.  All years welcome.

== 6/20/2020 == SORRY, SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELED TO FOLLOW ILLINOIS GUIDELINES AND PUBLIC SAFETY.  ===
=== NOT POSTPONED == PLAN ON NEXT JUNE ===

This is a fun show, where Judging is by the car owners.  Very informal but we get a GREAT range of cars.  Park on grass under trees.  We even have a pond!  Only room for 150 cars and we get close to that the past few years.  We could move to a larger spot, but long-time attendees don't want us to move.  Again, it is a FUN show.  

Awards for about 20-classes are simple wall plaques, so don't be too serious if you attend!  Everyone gets a dash plaque; and I think everyone has a great time.  All entries get a free raffle ticket for door prizes.

We have good food available, shaded pavilion to eat under, kid friendly, and brick bathrooms (no porta-pottyies, so ladies: we care!).

Aero car owners: We usually have a few winged cars and C-500's that attend. Most are top shelf examples.  This year (2020) we expect a good turnout and want to have you there.  Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin have some serious Aero cars.  My Superbird will FINALLY be there but is not exactly "Top Shelf" car (maybe I'll win a raffle prize at least - hahaha!).  Contact me (see below) if interested in bringing your Aero car.

Charger and B-Body owners: Very good turnout for these cars. Let's keep that going.

We have parking lots nearby for trailers (with tow vehicle) to easily park.  Contact us and we will reserve trailer spots for you.  We want this to be easy for you.

Hosted by the Chicagoland Mopar Connection.  30+ years for the club and I think 20 years for this show (we didn't keep track because we had too much fun).  

Location: 60041 (Fox Lake is far north Illinois, east side).  Not to be confused with the "Mopars IN the Park" show.

Rain or Shine (hopefully we won't have an award for "best car finish based on water beads on a hood" this year - LOL!).  It is touching when you see a car owner's family cleaning the water spots off the mirrors under their car.  You got to love it: they are our core attendees.

Fine print: We occasionally have cars that are impeccable and mirrors under them.  We have had survivors, full blown drag cars, Australian Mopars, 4-door yachts, US Military Mopars, Current Police Mopars, Local dealer showing new cars, and some loving cars that need to be jump started (like my Superbird).  We enjoy this diversity, as I think the other car owners do.  We invite you to have fun and enjoy our show.  Local hotels available.  Leave your car in trailer for a few days at my shop's parking lot if you like.

This is a village owned park, so no booze, smoking, bad grammar, pets, or wild animals.  Yes, I said "fun", but there are limits.

Sorry... no swap meet or cars for sale: Village rules.

FYI: The Chicagoland Mopar Connection (CMC) has at least 4 Mopar shows a year (plus a Charger show).  3 or 4 in Northern Illinois and 1 in Dubuque IA.  Contact us for more info.  cmcnewsletter99@gmail.com Chicagolandmopar.com Facebook too.  Or, as last resort, call or text me: Superbird Steve Larson.  847-710-2300.  Thank you!
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

bannedbird

bannedbird

Planning to be there (unless sold)

bannedbird

Scheduled to attend. the Ramo Stott Superbird.

bannedbird

And these 2 pretty much guaranteed to be there.

bannedbird

Show CANCELED  - COVID-19 social distancing, no large groups