News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

Started by neseholt, July 02, 2020, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neseholt

They say every car has a story . . .  It was love at first sight and he had to have it.  With an original sticker at almost $50,000, this new, absolutely gorgeous, 2012 Pitch Black Dodge Charger SRT-8 (6.4L Hemi) was purchased 11/11/11 from Stew Hansen Dodge City in Des Moines, Iowa.  

Located in central Iowa, it has been totally babied, and has STILL never been driven in the snow or rain, on anything but pavement, and has always been garaged.  In storage since April 2017, it was plated in November 2019 and the odometer rolled to 9,000 original miles as it was driven to his funeral.  Current mileage as of today is 9,344.  While stored, it was started every 2-3 weeks, allowing it to run 15-20 minutes to let everything remain lubricated.

The build sheet received from Dodge says it is one of only 46 built exactly like this for the 2012 model year.  Aftermarket items were battery minder, chrome pedals and 4" stainless steel exhaust tips.  As you would expect, it drives smooth and fast, smells like a new car, and has that gorgeous Hemi sound.  Premium gas has always been the fuel of choice.  Extensive paperwork, including original window sticker and all purchase and service paperwork is included, as well as hard copy manuals.  Even the 2012 brochure and SRT flag that Dodge provides with the car is here.  Airbag recall fix and new battery (November 2019) and oil change (December 2019) make it ready to go.  Wish I could keep it, but medical expenses during his last three years of life require that it find a new home.

Full disclosure - There was some minor car damage ($3,522.11) due to a single car accident in June 2012 (@2,263 miles).  We drove the car home and to the body shop after the weekend.

The car was solely owned in his name. (Would you really share your Hemi?)  In order to sell, the State of Iowa made me transfer title to my name.  The documentation manual will include a copy of the original title showing he bought it from Stew Hansen.

His service manager told me that I shouldn't accept a penny less than $30,000.  I hope I don't have to, but I am a realist.  Please contact me with any serious offers.  Thank you.  Denise Holt - neseholt@yahoo.com